PDA

View Full Version : D3DX9_32.DLL problem in vista

endymion
05-10-07, 03:33 AM
I'm a user of the new vista OS, and, of course I have a lot of problems :cry: .

One of them is that in which I can't play SH4 because I need the D3DX9_32.DLL file.

In Ubi they tell us to go to directx update, but in that webpage there one links related to directx9 and for XP users.

I have directx 10 in my OS, and I don't want to update to directx9.c because it seems a nonsense.

In the SH4 it tells it is compatible with vista. Well, not compatible at all...

Can anyone help me?

nanucq
05-10-07, 05:15 AM
You just need to install DirectX9 Version included on your SH4 DVD. It works perfectly for me (Vista Home Premium). Don't worry, it won't break anything :)

endymion
05-16-07, 05:50 AM
Thank you for answering. But, I think I won't change anything about the directx10. At least for the moment.

I'll wait for a new shiv update.

CaptainCox
05-16-07, 05:53 AM
Don't work like that. Even if you have DX9c, DX10 will still be there. Had that prob to like 2 months ago or whatever when i installed Vista. Installing DX9c will only make SH4 work! nothing else. And even if DX10 would be deinstalled WHITCH IT WILL NOT! there are no games out there supporting it at the mo...NONE!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/CaptainCox/Capture22.jpg

Thats what I am running...see! DX10 is still there, but i am running SH4 just fine :)

kiwi_2005
05-16-07, 10:40 AM
Yep got Vista Ultimate as well, when i installed SHIV i got a simular directx error, so installed directx 9c of the SHIV dvd. Before, I skipped it as i thought having Directx 10 is all i'll need. like the others have said you need DX9c to run SHIV

It wont wreck your Vista:)

Canonicus
05-16-07, 10:46 AM
I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 bit and NEVER installed DX 9 from the SH4 disc.....

SH 4 runs fine, except for the occasional CTD...but XP users have experienced those too.

kiwi_2005
05-16-07, 12:13 PM
@Canonicus
You might of installed DX9 automatically:hmm:

When i installed SHIV i skipped the option to install DX9, otherwise it auto installs.

HolySdrJR
05-16-07, 12:24 PM
You can have multiple versions of directX installed at the same time. Many people were doing it in the Half Life 2/Steam installs when the Steam engine was first released. DX9 made things really pretty, but slowed down a lot of computers. One solution was to run off of DX8 (some where going all the way back to DX7). In Steam you had to add a modifier to the shortcut of the game, but that was because it was meant to run in DX9.

SH4 is meant to run off of DX9 as well (D3DX9_32.DLL), but Vista owners don't have this file (because they have DX10). You will be ok to install DX9c and have DX10 as well (seeing as how DX10 isn't even being used - except by the O/S, you should probably have DX9c anyway). But don't get me started on MicroSoft...

nanucq
05-16-07, 02:25 PM
:D As i previously said: "Don't worry, it won't break anything". :D

Powerthighs
05-16-07, 03:33 PM
To be fair, this is Ubi's fault and not Microsoft's. Every version of DirectX is fully backwards compatible with all previous versions. For some reason Ubi decided to link to a specfiic DX file by name, and when that file is not found the app won't load.

And yes, you can and should install DirectX 9, it won't screw anything up. That's the only solution unless Ubi changes fixes their code.

HolySdrJR
05-16-07, 03:55 PM
To be fair, this is Ubi's fault and not Microsoft's.

I wasn't intentionally blaming MS for this mess, just may have come across that way because I really don't like MS. I am a programmer, and because the customer is always right, I have to work with MS (they want products that run on the Windows operating systems) - I already pay out the butt for programs, O/S, games and utilities - and MS decided they weren't going to release DX10 for winXP, so I HAVE to spend another $400 on an operating system that will give me permission to do what I need to do as a software developer (and if I want to play any games that will come out in the next 2-3 years). It's fine if it were my business (expenses aren't an issue there), but this is for my personal PC - and it seems a bit expensive when the O/S costs a third of what I spent on my hardware.

And I'm new here, so I didn't really get into it... :rotfl:

endymion
05-18-07, 06:20 AM
First of all, thank you for answering with all these answers!

Ok, I'll install the directx9 from the sh4 dvd. I didn't want to have problems in future with directx, but according to your opinion, nothing will happen... so my problems will come now from the darkness of the seas... :smug:

Thank you everybody!

PD: very bad for ubi :down: