PDA

View Full Version : How do damage control work?

kanolsen
05-10-07, 02:46 AM
I had serious flooding in diesel engines as well as electronic engines, as well as main pump.
I have no clue how to fix it, I tried to move people to the compartments but couldnt get them to work on the damage.
How do this work, and how do I easily move people between the compartments.

Kanolsen

t0maz
05-10-07, 07:25 AM
Move some people do damage control team and the turn on repairs in interface.

AVGWarhawk
05-10-07, 08:33 AM
There is no easy way to move the men, just one at a time. You have to set priority repairs. You can click and drag the pump picture to the priority list and drop it on top of the list. The men will work on this first. If you put your mouse over the dark red vertical line on the busted part, the time to repair will show. Remember, it takes hours to repair and sometimes days depending how bad it is. Play around with it and eventually you will see how it works.

Put healthy men in the compartment and repairs go faster.
You can move the priority list of broken things by clicking and dragging to the top of the list.
Although you have a damage control team, it looks to me the men in the affected compartment do most of the repairs. Keep strong men in the compartment for faster repair.

***if they say the hull is heavily damaged, your patrol is pretty much over, repair as best possible and head home.***

I have noticed, if bulkheads and hull are repaired quickly you are pretty much Ok and can submerge thus continuing your patrol. If these two items are heavily damaged, repair and go home.

Unfortunate that we do not a percentage of hull damage scale. I determine how bad when the crew says "Hull, heavily damaged" and it takes a long time to repair. That is enough for me to end patrol and go home.