PDA

View Full Version : Shakey Water

Radtgaeb
05-09-07, 02:58 PM
Is anyone else experiencing some anomoly where the ocean waters seem to be....shivering, or something? I'll cut to external View and the water will be trembling. Could be a TC glitch or something, but then again, might not...anyone?

peewee
05-09-07, 03:03 PM
yup, I've had that, normally after a period of high time compression. I put it down to my computer trying to catch up with itself........

U-Bones
05-09-07, 03:12 PM
I see it frequently. I dont think it has anything to do with TC, my comp is caught up when I see it... The water in general has issues IMO.

The_Rus
05-09-07, 03:19 PM
It seams like an ATI video card issue. I have a question . In 1.2 I can start the game with out the disk before this I could not. I can say for cretins that I do not have any cheats just patch 1.2. So do I need to reinstall or just play with as is?

Radtgaeb
05-09-07, 03:29 PM
No, not just ATI. I'm running a fairly new Nvidia 7900 GTX.

AVGWarhawk
05-09-07, 03:36 PM
It seams like an ATI video card issue. I have a question . In 1.2 I can start the game with out the disk before this I could not. I can say for cretins that I do not have any cheats just patch 1.2. So do I need to reinstall or just play with as is?

Well, a large majority here not cretins but I guess your game might start the protection program if not initiated with the disc. Your game might do some weird things at this point. Only way to find out is to run the game.

NZ_Wanderer
05-09-07, 06:40 PM
Nope, I've got a Nvidia 8800GTS and I spotted this strange happening when I was about to dock at my base..

It seams like an ATI video card issue.

ReallyDedPoet
05-09-07, 06:43 PM
Nope, I've got a Nvidia 8800GTS and I spotted this strange happening when I was about to dock at my base..

It seams like an ATI video card issue.

I have seen this, I to think it is a water\game issue, not a system-related one.

RDP

FIREWALL
05-09-07, 07:01 PM
Is anyone else experiencing some anomoly where the ocean waters seem to be....shivering, or something? I'll cut to external View and the water will be trembling. Could be a TC glitch or something, but then again, might not...anyone?

The water is shivvering because...... It's COLD !:D

Elder-Pirate
05-09-07, 07:48 PM
Sorry,but I have never seen this so called "shiver" of the waters even after a high TC and jumping to F11 or the . and or , key. Not to say it has never happened in my Sim,but that I have never seen it.I'm running this Nvidia 7800GS OC 256mb card and 3 Gigs memory on the Motherboard. Mods are at a minimum ( all small ones ) for now as I'm waiting for final patch,then I'll add the big mods. It is possible that a mod somewhere may be conflicting and maybe making this happen. Just a thought.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/7800GS_256_AGPcard.jpg

Payoff
05-09-07, 07:50 PM
The only time I get this is after a high TC run.

vindex
05-09-07, 09:47 PM
I get it after high TC run sometimes. I have the very latest Nvidia card and I always start the game with the CD in. It is a game issue not a system issue.

Having said that, it always goes away after I switch screens a few times. It's like the white flashes ... I don't like it, but I can suspend my disbelief.

EAF274 Johan
05-10-07, 01:46 AM
I see the "shivering water" too (using a Radeon X1650).

But there is a way to get the water back running: press Ctrl+N
This is probably a debugging shortcut the devs forgot to take out. It seems to reset the weather values, and the clouds and water start moving again.

U-Bones
05-10-07, 07:34 AM

Unless you are a 1x'er, this covers almost all of your playtime if you think about it. It's like stating that most of your headaches are after you get up in the morning, therefore getting up causes headaches...

How do you seperate the co-incidental from the actual ? Unless its repeatable, its pretty hard to pin down like that, I think it is jumping to conclusions.

BBury
05-10-07, 09:38 AM

Well, a large majority here not cretins but I guess your game might start the protection program if not initiated with the disc.

ROLFL! I'm not a cretin! Honest! :D

I've had the jello water at various times whether started from disc, single player, multiplayer and both ATI and Nvidea users. Doesn't happen very often and when it does it doesn't last long then goes away.

Payoff
05-10-07, 01:27 PM

Unless you are a 1x'er, this covers almost all of your playtime if you think about it. It's like stating that most of your headaches are after you get up in the morning, therefore getting up causes headaches...

How do you seperate the co-incidental from the actual ? Unless its repeatable, its pretty hard to pin down like that, I think it is jumping to conclusions.

Well lets put it like this then:

*When I am leaving port (1x), I dont see this.

*When I walk away from the PC & leave the sim run (1x) for several hours, I dont see this.

*When I am setting up for & attacking a convoy (1x) for two to three hours, I dont see this.

*When I drop out of a long high TC run, I see it.

Hmm seems to be a pattern there. :hmm:

AVGWarhawk
05-10-07, 01:35 PM
I see the "shivering water" too (using a Radeon X1650).

But there is a way to get the water back running: press Ctrl+N
This is probably a debugging shortcut the devs forgot to take out. It seems to reset the weather values, and the clouds and water start moving again.

I get the same, high TC and water shimmers...sometimes but not all the time. Now, I tried this Ctrl N keys last night and my clouds did start moving fast. I took no notice of the water though...I will next time will. Next shimmering episode and I'm trying the Ctrl/N key to see what happens.

AVGWarhawk
05-10-07, 07:35 PM
Yep, shaky water after high TC. Hit Ctrl and N key and weather changes, shakey water stops. Amazing.

Cajun5
05-10-07, 08:15 PM
same thing but not necessarly after tc;) ;) ;)

AVGWarhawk
05-10-07, 08:23 PM
same thing but not necessarly after tc;) ;) ;)

I experience it after TC. What is funny is a clear sky, hit the buttons and bang...clouds!

CaptainHunter
05-10-07, 08:45 PM
I've only seen it once when I was dropping off a spy in shallow water.

donut
05-10-07, 09:04 PM
Ctrl-N, good find ,come on home.:rotfl: :up: :rock:

NefariousKoel
05-10-07, 09:21 PM
I don't really get "shaky water" but without Vsync on, I get water pause every few seconds when my fps jumps from the normal 40-50fps up to about 60 and then drops back to normal.. all in an instant. I use an LCD so I chalked it up to this but who knows?

With Vsync on, my fps is usually capped at 30. Sometimes 20 very close to land (with trees and such showing) or with a very large convoy/task force in sight. In either setting I occasionally get a <1 second period of missing frames where the screen turns a beige color very briefly and stutters. It's not horrible, just annoying on occasion.

I would be playing with Vsync off since I don't get any tearing at all but the video stutter every 3 seconds or so in bridge view can be annoying.

zylark
05-10-07, 09:44 PM
I get this every now and again after a period of TC. Not often at all when I think about it. I've found that a quick move to an internal view or the nav-map, and back to periscope/external view fixes it.