PDA

View Full Version : Vista Business Registry Entry

longam
05-09-07, 09:55 AM
Been running Vista for a few months with no real big issues but….

Does anyone know what patch 1.02 registry entry is. I was having problems with my game so I removed SH4 in the normal fashion of removing all folders after uninstall, but when I went to install it again it came up with errors and won’t let me install. I did a reg search and cleaned all entries for SH4 but now it says it cannot install because the game is still there at patch 1.02 level. What?

I’m now back on my XP drive and going to install it there. Just prefer the Vista for a different change.

Don’t smack me to hard for running Vista.

SteamWake
05-09-07, 11:39 AM
<lightly smaks longam>

What were you thinking ! :p

Unfortunatly I have no idea as to your question. You might try asking also in the modding forum. Those guys have a better grip on the "guts" of the game.

longam
05-09-07, 12:11 PM
It was free from MS or I would not have it.

Thanks for the info.

NefariousKoel
05-09-07, 12:18 PM
I uninstalled last night and did a regedit search for 'silent hunter' instead of SH4. Naturally I had to avoid deleting the SH3 entries but no biggie. There were a few SH4 entries in different spots labelled "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" I found and deleted. Of course, I was using XP.

Reinstall went just fine.

Soundman
05-09-07, 12:25 PM
I'm running Vista and after having problems following a video driver update, did a reinstallation with no issues (fixed the problem BTW). I am using the downloaded version though. Don't know if that matters or not. Just a suggestion...have you tried using system restore and then try to reinstall. Also, I did not delete my folders and was patched to 1.2.

longam
05-09-07, 05:32 PM
I uninstalled last night and did a regedit search for 'silent hunter' instead of SH4. Naturally I had to avoid deleting the SH3 entries but no biggie. There were a few SH4 entries in different spots labelled "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" I found and deleted. Of course, I was using XP.

Well I tried again with the “Silent hunter wolves of the pacific” search and found a few more entries. Ran the install again and this time it gave me the options of repair/remove/ and something else. Did a remove and defragged and reboot. Install worked this time.

I had an issue with the game loading until I remembered I had AA/AF still on. Patched up to 1.02 and all is well.

Thanks NefariousKoel for the tip.

Antrodemus
05-10-07, 02:41 AM
It was free from MS or I would not have it.

Hehhee... you too eh? :up:

I used one of our 10 licence pack to install Vista Enterprise on my 'net PC (this one), and it lasted about three weeks. Three agonisingly, irritatingly frustrating weeks, in which I couldn't use my second monitor in clone-mode due to my FX5900 being unsupported, and nView not being useable with the available drivers, and my SB Live! being so flaky that my sound levels would routinely fluctuate by several db's up or down. My mike' wouldn't work properly in Skype, and until a couple of days ago, there was no 3rd-party firewall available that actually worked. All that, and you could just tell that Vista was quietly screaming for an extra gig of RAM to go on top of the gig it already had.

/rant over. :damn:

NefariousKoel
05-10-07, 01:18 PM

Well I tried again with the “Silent hunter wolves of the pacific” search and found a few more entries. Ran the install again and this time it gave me the options of repair/remove/ and something else. Did a remove and defragged and reboot. Install worked this time.

I had an issue with the game loading until I remembered I had AA/AF still on. Patched up to 1.02 and all is well.

Thanks NefariousKoel for the tip.

Good to hear that worked out for ya! :up: