PDA

View Full Version : newbie radar question

Pipeline
05-09-07, 12:29 AM
I have a question regarding the radar in SH4. How do I turn it on? :D

Even in the final convoy training mission that specifically says to use your radar, the option to turn it on is grayed out on the toolbar (Yes I'm on the surface). I've tried a variety of subs in other missions and I always have the same problem. Is there something else I need to do before I can turn on the radar?

FAdmiral
05-09-07, 12:35 AM
Depends on the sub and the month/year. Early subs will not have radar yet.
But you will see the screen there anyway, just no way to turn it on....

JIM

donut
05-09-07, 12:50 AM
Hopefully Radar political correctness,will be a priority bug fix,for patch 1.03.There are switches on the console,to turn them on,if you installed them in campaign
mode.

TheVillagePeople
05-09-07, 03:16 AM
Thats a thing I found annoying trying to learn SHIV as well, it tells you to use your radar but I didn't have one. I installed an Air radar (sd radar) but it doesnt even seem to work. So far ive been working on sonar and visual only for some time, I'm up to my 4th patrol.

vindex
05-09-07, 03:53 AM
What is the latest status on radar mods? I've looked at other threads and it's hard to follow all the twists and turns of partial solutions to know what the "latest" fix is -- and I don't see it listed in the mod list (or else I'm missing something).

Currently I have SD working 360 degrees but showing surface contacts, as well as full map location for air contacts (should only give me range warnings). Is this the current "state of the art" until Patch 1.3, or have further improvements been made? If so, please provide a link to that thread and/or download.