PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Compartment Coverage

BM357_Fuse
05-08-07, 07:25 PM
Does anyone know if additional Interior Views will eventually be added to these subs? It would definately add to the immersion factor for playing at 1x as often as possible such as I do. It is typical for me to spend 8 or 9 hours playing without a single contact, so some extra views and interactivity would sure be nice :huh:

sqk7744
05-08-07, 08:09 PM
Here's a start:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111732&highlight=interior+views

BM357_Fuse
05-09-07, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the link m8 :D Looks like the Modders are going to save the day for us again. I cant figure out why they dont do this sim the way they do the IL2 Series... Continuing to improve it with new patches and addons etc.

By adding new compartments and functionality by allowing us to click the dials and levers 3D Mode, it would make it much more appealing to be in 1x mode more often. In IL2 for instance, they continually added new Aircraft and Objects to the game (even new functions to the game engine) Keeping us hanging on for more and more untill they finally totaled the series with a final release...

All the developers would have to do here is simply add new compartments and functionality to this sim from time to time, and the same excitement could happen here:)

wetwarev7
05-09-07, 12:43 PM
Here's a start:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111732&highlight=interior+views

While that mod IS a good start(I use it myself), it really just allows you to save 5 different camera positions within the allready existing interiors, and unfortuantly, does not allow the camera view to sway with the ship(static cam).

The one thing I really miss in SH4 from SH3 is the captian's bunk. I can't tell you how many DAYS I've spent in the bunk, reading a book while on patrol. The fact that I have to stand in one of three spots during an entire patrol in SH4 really kinda ruins the immersion factor for me.

In SH3 I've got it set up so I have to travel throughout the ship(no keyboard shortcuts for stations), and all the little things the devs added, such as the dynamic navmap in the command room, just really really make me feel like I'm in a sub, travelling the world looking for ships to sink. That, for me, is where the gameplay is at. The way I play SH3-4, I spend 90% of the time traveling the seas in a boat, the other 10% is actually sneaking up and sinking ships.

That being the case, keep your patches, give me more interiors!

My legs are tired, and I wanna take a nap!!! :cry:

BM357_Fuse
05-09-07, 06:50 PM
S~ wetwarev7 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=222194)

"I couldn't agree more:)" That bunk has definately seen my arse lying in it while the crew "carried on".

I got to thinking, if the developers just dont care about the extra compartment coverage, then why dont they provide the source code so some modder who actually does cares could provide the work. Engine room with a few stations and ai crew, Officers and Enlisted Quarters, with some sleeping AI, Torpedo Rooms with active Ai and lots of ordinance and equipment to check out!

One more thing concerning camera's and I will shut up for now... The Shift F2 only works as a "movable eypoint" while inside the sub. Just how difficult would it have been to make this feature work on the outside of the sub as well? All they would have to have done is just make it relative to the submarines exterior deck and hull and allow the travel to extend to the distance where the other pre-made view's take over. Just food for thought :know::roll::huh: