PDA

View Full Version : Mission requirement failed?!!

pocatellodave
05-08-07, 08:30 AM
Skippering the Sturgeon on a patrol off Guadalcanal,Rabaul,Bismarck Sea.etc. Had a nice run,27,383 for tonnage,and I still failed to fufil the last order,engage and sink enemy shipping!.Oh well I had a lot of fun,and thats what counts.The more I play SHIV,the more I am beginng to like it.The few bugs aren't so noticable,and I'm sure they will get fixed.
Pocatellodave

_alphaBeta_
05-08-07, 10:09 AM
I had a similar issue. when I sent in a contact report of a task force Ii spotted. I got a response saying good find, and was issued another objective to "inflict heavy loses on enemy task force." This task force had 4-5 destroyers with two passenger liners. I sank both liners and this objective was still incomplete. I highly doubt I was supposed to also eliminate all the DDs - it would be a waste of torps.

Coolhand01
05-08-07, 11:12 AM
In a Task Force you need to sink at least 2 of the warships to complete the objective...Any transports, liners or merchants are considered bonus tonnage...CH

mcoca
05-08-07, 11:16 AM
Skippering the Sturgeon on a patrol off Guadalcanal,Rabaul,Bismarck Sea.etc. Had a nice run,27,383 for tonnage,and I still failed to fufil the last order,engage and sink enemy shipping!.Oh well I had a lot of fun,and thats what counts.The more I play SHIV,the more I am beginng to like it.The few bugs aren't so noticable,and I'm sure they will get fixed.

For the "sink enemy shipping" mission you need to sink 10000 tons of merchant shipping. But it must be done after you get to your deployment area, once the objective is visible in the notepad. So, if you sink 20000 tons and then reach the marker on the map, you won't get the second objective automatically completed :D

_alphaBeta_
05-08-07, 11:49 AM
In a Task Force you need to sink at least 2 of the warships to complete the objective...Any transports, liners or merchants are considered bonus tonnage...CH
But they were just regular destroyers, not special warships.:hmm:
Guess they hardcoded it like that, I just thought it was always a waist to hit regular destroyers as opposed to what they were protecting.

btaft
05-08-07, 02:20 PM
I had a similar issue. when I sent in a contact report of a task force Ii spotted. I got a response saying good find, and was issued another objective to "inflict heavy loses on enemy task force." This task force had 4-5 destroyers with two passenger liners. I sank both liners and this objective was still incomplete. I highly doubt I was supposed to also eliminate all the DDs - it would be a waste of torps.

Mine was similar....I reported a task force with a pair of Hiryu carriers, troop transports, and cruisers and was told to break contact and that assets would be sent to intertcept.

I might be courtmarshalled but me and my trusty S-class did send one of the hiryu to the bottom:D

rhohltjr
05-08-07, 03:50 PM
Early, in Career mode your orders send you to find and sink merchant shipping in the Marshall Islands. Both times I have tried this I have never seen so much as a sampan there(remember it's still Dec 41/Jan 42). Are you free to go looking for targets anywhere once you have arrived on location ( star turns grey )?:hmm: