PDA

View Full Version : Savegames problem

Spacemaker
05-08-07, 04:29 AM
Hi everybody,

I've several problems for loading games (a lot of save files crash then I go back to desk):down:
Its annoying specially when you've sunk 1 yamato, 1 fusso, 3 aircraft carriers.

But staring at my save files, I've the impression that we can guess when a save file will fail... It seems that all my working files are 3.3MB whereas my broken files are 3.5MB an over.
Have you, first, the same problem and have you made the same statement?
I think that it's the worst problem in the game for the moment.

Fred
PS Sorry for my poor english, I'm french.

joea
05-08-07, 06:33 AM
Pas de probleme! Look SHIV is as fussy as SHIII, don't save just after sinking enemy ships, or submerged. I suggest save on the surface, with no other units nearby. Otherwise you risk what you found. You noticed the crash files are larger, probably with lots of oter units around I guess?

Kant Schwimm
05-08-07, 10:48 AM
Also try giving all your saves unique names and try not overwrite saves to much, what are your system specs? I've had saves as large as 18mb, wonder if it could be a memory prob:hmm:
Hope this helps

Spacemaker
05-08-07, 11:10 AM
My configuration is the following:
Athlon 64 X2 3800+
RAM: 1.5GB
Radeon X1900 512MB

Kant Schwimm
05-08-07, 11:21 AM
Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Radeon X1900 512MB

1.5gb isnt to low, though most recomend 2gb, are you using vista:damn: by anychance as that uses up about 750mb of memory straight away, if not try the unique save names like I said see if that helps.

Spacemaker
05-08-07, 11:32 AM
Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Radeon X1900 512MB

1.5gb isnt to low, though most recomend 2gb, are you using vista:damn: by anychance as that uses up about 750mb of memory straight away, if not try the unique save names like I said see if that helps.

Thank you for tour answers,

I use XP and I'm thinking about buying more RAM :-? ... I always try to save under a new filename, so I'm waiting for patch 1.3!!!!!!

Fred

joea
05-08-07, 12:33 PM
Remember as I said save with no other units around.

froschman
05-08-07, 12:47 PM
To save only when surfaced and no other units around can make problems!

If I am fighting a convoy it takes some time to disengage. If my wife says it is time for bed, the she has almost no understanding of me having to finish my convoy encounter before coming. THE BED WILL THEN BE QUITE COLD!

SteamWake
05-08-07, 01:00 PM
To save only when surfaced and no other units around can make problems!

If I am fighting a convoy it takes some time to disengage. If my wife says it is time for bed, the she has almost no understanding of me having to finish my convoy encounter before coming. THE BED WILL THEN BE QUITE COLD!

Therein lies the rub (pardon the pun).

You can try what I do. I use a rolling save system. I have 4 saves named x1 through x4. I save OFTEN always overwriting the save at the bottom of the list.

This way if I do have a save that is corrupted I have another save that is fairly recent and havent lost hours of "work".

greekfire
05-08-07, 01:59 PM
I've noticed that when I start getting really high tonnage on a patrol and save it without going to port, I start getting problems with really long load times, terrible time compression capability, and strange loss of fuel. On one patrol where I collected 132,000 in tonnage from kills, I used up 12% of my diesel to get from Pearl Harbor to Japanese coast without diving even once but my return trip after all those kills ended up using every ounce of fuel just to keep battery charged while I periscoped my entire way home. Took hours and hours to get back to Pearl because the damn TC was screwed up too...anything above 128 wasn't any faster.

Spacemaker
05-08-07, 02:20 PM
I've noticed that when I start getting really high tonnage on a patrol and save it without going to port, I start getting problems with really long load times, terrible time compression capability, and strange loss of fuel. On one patrol where I collected 132,000 in tonnage from kills, I used up 12% of my diesel to get from Pearl Harbor to Japanese coast without diving even once but my return trip after all those kills ended up using every ounce of fuel just to keep battery charged while I periscoped my entire way home. Took hours and hours to get back to Pearl because the damn TC was screwed up too...anything above 128 wasn't any faster.

I've got the same problem...:down: