PDA

View Full Version : Sh4 Crashes Or Freezes Up

gg5056
05-07-07, 03:32 PM
During Career Play. Game Just Stop Running & Go Back To Desktop.

Pent4 Ht 3.0.gb. 2gb Ddr2 533. Geforce 7900gs 256mg. 19" Lcd Monitor

Anyone Know What Happening Or Has The Same Problem.

Please Help.

AVGWarhawk
05-07-07, 03:44 PM
CTD, needs some more info. Any mods? How did you apply the patches. What is happening when the CTD occurres?

gg5056
05-07-07, 06:32 PM
No Mods. (dont Know How Use Them Correctly)
Patches 1.2 GAME STOP RUNNING & GO BACK TO DESKTOP.

AVGWarhawk
05-07-07, 06:36 PM
I recommend you uninstall. Remove the folder found in MY DOCUMENTS labeled SH4. Reinstall and patch to 1.1 then patch 1.2 OVER 1.1. See if that takes care of it. It has worked for others.

Hartmann
05-07-07, 07:35 PM
i have the same problem

starting a career in the first moments all is ok, but when i start to TC ,32 or more x the game crash to desktop.

i´m going to uninstall and clean the system of all traces of sh4 and then reinstall. but i´m not sure if it can help.:shifty:

1.2, no mods installed.

Hartmann
05-07-07, 09:47 PM
Well, just cleaned and reinstalled.

Now with 1.0, no changes in drivers or background programs,

No more TC Crash to desktop, now i can go out of manila at 512x and 1024x with no problems in the career.

Now i have three options ...

continues with 1.0
apply 1.1 and after 1.2
go direct to 1.2 and forget 1.1

what i have to do ??

:doh:
seems like 1.2 is a big CTD maker for me, tomorrow i´m going to test more patches but it is really ··"$%&$·¬¬

i´m going to bed now :dead:

gg5056
05-08-07, 12:14 AM
I Reinstalled Sh4 + 1.1 & 1.2 . Was Work Ok. Til I Got To Target Area
Increase Time, Crashed.

DS
05-08-07, 02:21 AM
I had a CTD every 4-6 hours of running 1.2, until, following a hint in another thread, I moved the sound quality slider in the options section to the left (reduced). I heard no difference in sound quality, and have been 100% CTD free ever since (about 40 hours of game play so far).

Hartmann
05-08-07, 04:28 PM
Problem fixed :roll:

i don´t tested a full career yet but at least i can use TC, now i have to test what time can play without CTD.

Process:

unistall
clean all folders and reg
install the game again
patch 1.2 directly, not using 1.1
Start a new career
sound 3d slider to the left

Snowman999
05-08-07, 07:03 PM
No Mods. (dont Know How Use Them Correctly)
Patches 1.2 GAME STOP RUNNING & GO BACK TO DESKTOP.

I had a lot of CTDs after 1.2 and have a similar system as you. This fixed it for me; no CTDs since.

1. Installed recent video drivers. Had ones eight months old. Found new ones one month old. Went with 2x FSAA as I can't see any diffeence between 2x and 4x.
2. Checked virtual memory settings. Found them locked on 2000 MB when XP was asking for a minimum of 3049 MB. Changed to 4500 MB.
3. Unchecked "Enable write combining" after someone here pointed out that ATI cards hate this one. It's on desktop settings (right-click desktop and choose Properties) Display Properties/Advanced/Troubleshoot and uncheck the box.

Has worked fine since then. I have no mods installed either.

quitefrankly
05-11-07, 08:33 PM
I had the same problem as this yesterday. It was because I downloaded the latest Nvidia graphics driver. I "rolled back" the driver to the last driver, and now it works again.

codmander
05-11-07, 08:49 PM
I recomend going back to sh3:rotfl:

kiwi_2005
05-11-07, 09:18 PM
Im pointing to the graphic drivers usually are the problems to alot here. I discovered a fix for my SH4 CTD. This will sound amazing but i went back to my very old GFX drivers the ones that came with the cd, version 74 and my ctd stopped not only that but in some other games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R & NWN 2 i would have crappy sky really bad, going back to the old drivers fix that????

Updating your drivers to the latest doesn't always fix. Try your original ones that came with your card.

Hartmann
05-11-07, 09:36 PM
i´m still with the gf 6600 drivers of two years ago and works well with all games.

i´m not sure if could work well an actual driver in my vid card

-Pv-
05-12-07, 03:31 PM
Having to move your sound slider indicates your sound driver might not be up to the task. Since there more reasons than a person can count why any particular game might crash you have to try everything until it goes away. Here are a very few of the most common mistakes-fixes:

-Confirm computer meets or excedes min game specs (including vid card supported.)
-Full reinstall.
-Run game without the no cd crack.
-Lastest drivers on video, audio and chipset. Note: If you have ATI, uninstall all ATI software from Control Panel before installing new driver.
-Run scandisk on the game installation drive.
-Clean system with minimum auto start programs. Note: If you have more than 4 accessories in your task tray with no programs started, you should clean up your autostarts.
-No Viruses or Spyware.
-Check for generous disk space available.
-Install DX9.0c again to make sure it isn't corrupted. Run the DX tests.
-Don't try to load previous game saves made prior to patch 1.2. Note: You can only restart a career after patching by launching one of the Base autosaves.
-No mods until the game is tested stable for a while.
-If you have download version of the game, you must be connected to the Internet to pass copy protection.
-You should only defrag if the MS defrag software says you should, otherwise it's wasted time and wear on the drive.
-If you have a fixed swap cache, make sure it's 1.5 times the size of your installed memory. A fixed cache can reduce fragmentation, but most of the time, Windows Managed is fine.

-Pv-