PDA

View Full Version : So is there going to be another patch

simsurfer
05-07-07, 09:05 AM
Or did UBI give up on the title already? It will be uninstalled if there is going to be no more patches as I have started playing SH III again and the differences between the two are so huge it makes playing SH IV painfull.

Anyone know for sure?

Antrodemus
05-07-07, 09:35 AM
I doubt anyone but "The DevsŪ" know, and maybe a few others, but the thing is... we were thrown a rather unrealistic sweetener in the form of the 1.1 release-day patch, and the 1.2 patch just a few weeks later. I reckon, i.e. hope, that they're trying to fix as much as possible without buggering up everything else in the process. Considering that I was one of the more vocal "They should've waited 2 more months to release the game!" complainers, it'd be more than a bit cheeky of me to complain that they're taking too long with the patch. ;)

LZ_Baker
05-07-07, 11:01 AM
I don't recall it being this quite for SH3's patches?

ReallyDedPoet
05-07-07, 11:05 AM
I am guessing yes, I hope they take their time as it will most likely be the last.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114115

Edit: follow this thread:roll:, a lad is keeping track\compiling a list of bugs, an announcement about another patch may be found there at some point:

RDP

AVGWarhawk
05-07-07, 11:25 AM
My thoughs are, yes. I believe they are making one and what is being fixed is probably the hardest to work on. Our first two patches looked to be the easy fixes for bugs. Now we are down to the nitty gritty hard ones that when one value is changed others have to follow suit. Requires a bit more to correct. Just my thoughts on it.

donath
05-07-07, 11:33 AM
we were thrown a rather unrealistic sweetener in the form of the 1.1 release-day patch, and the 1.2 patch just a few weeks later.
Absolutely right. Patch 1.1 would be the work they had done on the game since their code was 'frozen', so it could be sent to the DVD manufacturers. 1.2 fixed a few things, but we don't know when they packaged up 1.1 and what they were still working on for 1.2.

If we had an idea of the time it took them to get 1.1 and 1.2 done since their code freeze for release, we might be able to extrapolate when they'd be done with 1.3.

The problem here is, WILL there be a 1.3?

If so, please give us a list of what will be addressed.

Without EITHER of these facts, the modders, those of us who are apparantly expected to make this simulation into something great, have no idea where to concentrate out work, only to have it addressed by an unknown patch.

FIREWALL
05-07-07, 12:45 PM
Hi Guys :D

Silent Hunter 3 had 4 patches. The final being 1.4. It was misprinted as 1.3. The timeline for patches is out there for SH-3 .
That should give you all a idea for the schedule for SH-4 patches maybe.

orangenee
05-07-07, 02:35 PM
You've got to remember it's a long process at times patching games, first they have to find the problems in the code, fix as necessary, test it to make sure it doesn't cause more problems in general, then get it to QA let them play about then give the O.K. Get it distributed around various servers after localizing it. It can take a lot of time, especially (as I hope) they are doing a thorough job. Patience is key, I'd much rather wait a while for an effective patch rather than a short while for a patch that causes a load of problems. They'd obviously started working on the first two before it was released.