PDA

View Full Version : We're taking damage Sir!!!

Slick Rick
05-06-07, 06:43 PM
Well...I started another new career and saved the game as it does take some time getting to the mainland you know.....well, upon reloading the game I end up taking major damage....for no reason....I was on the surface out in the middle of the Pacific with the whole ocean to myself....but on reloading I take major bulkhead damage and flooding to boot.....fortunately my crack repair team was up to the task.....then the next big surprise.....I run across a convoy and get myself all positioned for what should be a turkey shoot....and voila....all my realism settings have been changed...I am apparently playing at a hundred percent realism and have no crutches at all.....sorry but I am not up to figuring the aob/ range/ speed solution quite yet....so I manage to get two hits on the convoy before getting the bejeezus blown out of me and my crew......I seem to remember reading a thread about this....has a fix been found for this ????:down: :down:

AVGWarhawk
05-06-07, 07:04 PM
Slick, how ofter does this happen to you? Reason I ask is I never had this malfunction.

Slick Rick
05-06-07, 07:25 PM
This was the first time for this glitch.....I have read about the damage upon reloading bug...but this is the first time I experienced it....and the change in realism settings has me really confused.....I am going to start another career in the next few days and see if this happens again.....hope not.....

AVGWarhawk
05-06-07, 08:12 PM
Your realism settings, you are setting it up in the office upon you career start, yes? Click on the radio on the shelve to the left. Set up what you want and it will stay this way.

mookiemookie
05-06-07, 08:18 PM
The only time I've had the random damage bug happen to me was while travelling through the Luzon Strait. I chalked it up to a minefield...made me nostaligic in a weird way for the good ol' days of SH3 and the English Channel

Redwine
05-07-07, 06:35 AM
There are few posibilities....

1]
You hit a mine.

2]
You was victim of a circle torp

3]
Your previous damage taked was too much and your hullwas so stressed, and your hull was not able to resist your dive to peri depth.

:up:

Patch
05-07-07, 04:35 PM
Been having the same issue no matter where I am in career mode. I can literally leave port....save....reload and be taking damage..... :)

Weird LOL

Aslo, if I pause the game, grab a beer, hit the head and un pause I then get my crew just randomly announcing numbers (6,8,9,4, and so on) continousley untill i restart the whole flipping game... :)

Kinda erie hearing all these random voices counting LOL

Snuffy
05-07-07, 05:55 PM
Hmmm effects of a no cd crack?

I've never experienced anything like this since playing the game. Even saving next to a convoy or task force.

Unless I'm previously damaged of course.

Patch
05-07-07, 05:59 PM
No "no cd crack" or any crack of any kind here................straight SH4 with 1.2 and several mods..................

SteamWake
05-07-07, 07:21 PM
The "several mods" might be the key. Possibly something conflicting in there.

I have heard of this "glitch" before but it is usually related to saving when...

There is a lot of "traffic" in the area and or close by or...

Saving while submerged.