PDA

View Full Version : Help with the post patch 1.2 Buglist v4c

DragonRR1
05-06-07, 06:01 PM
For those of you that aren't aware I maintain a buglist in the 1.2 bug thread, version 4c here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=526203&postcount=450

I'm looking for:
Issue confirmations especially on provisional issues a-o.
Workarounds and fixes and which issue(s) they cover.
Anything that isn't covered one way or another.

If you can help please post in this thread.

Dragon.

AVGWarhawk
05-06-07, 07:47 PM
14) Dive planes, happened to me once after coming out of high TC. Does not affect the sub submerging. Just for visual effect. Not really a bug in my view. Over 100 hours of play and only once has this happened to me. Problem resolved on next game reload.

15) CTD in Navmap....never, not once for me. I spend more time here than anywhere else. Sounds like a hardware issue. I will post my hardware at end of my list.

19) SD radar only detects airplanes for me. As far as I'm concerned, fixed!

24) I still have the neat tick sound when using the TDC.

28) Zero game save issues for me. I never had the damaged deal and sinking like a rock some have experienced.

29) My deck gun and AA gun can get fully repaired. You need healthy men manning it for this to happen. Not a bug in my view. Only issue I see with damage control is no indication how bad the hull is. Need a meter like SH3 had.

40) No issue with aircraft for me. I only experience many aircraft when a convoy and especially a task force is around. Celebes Sea, I see very few if any aircraft, Luzon I see more action. I suspect this correct. Submerge during the day like they did. I have not experienced the night attacks either.

51)repetative missions, complete the missions or find a convoy and report. Seems this triggers change in your missions.

59)Torps not loading while in port. Ummmm....you should do it so you can pick what type you want. Feature in my view.

69)watchman with arms outstretched. Usuall occurs after high TC. Happend in SH3 as well. Not really a bug and if you bounce to another screen and comeback, usually he is looking through his binocs.

74)Crtl+N changes the weather. Never experienced this and I have used these keys because someone stated it will display the weather. Mine do not. These keys are unmodded in my game.

Provisional

d) premature explosions of torpedoes. Not reported a dud because the sonarman hears an explosion, he does not SEE that it prematured. I hear bang and I would say it was a hit.

k)My radar does not default to focus mod when I jump to this station. All it does is stop sweeping so I can decide what to do with it.

m)Seeing men at the AA gun when submerging. Happened in SH3 as well, not really a bug in my view. Not a feature either:roll:

A little history here. I played the vanilla version, patched to 1.1 and the patched 1.2 OVER 1.1. Mods I'm using: reduced radio traffic mod for the clipboard load issue, green light mod for interface buttons, improved texture mod for interface.

My system:
AMD 64 3200+
1 gig RAM, PC3200
Visiontech ATI X1300 512mb videocard
onboard sound

All the others you have stated look to be correct from what I have experienced. Sorry I did not continue on with you list you already created. I did not want this to get lost amongst the other posts.

leeclose
05-06-07, 08:30 PM
Dragon Email me a complete list with notes to Lclose1973@aol.com or pm me it so i can print it off and get a tick list going while i'm playing mate.:up:

Bane
05-06-07, 08:47 PM
The complete list is at the link in the first post. Click the link and print it out.

It's a hefty list and DragonRR1 is doing a heck of a job keeping it updated. Give him a hand if you can people! :yep:

vindex
05-06-07, 09:15 PM
AVGWarhawk, can you provide a link to the fix files for SD radar that give you only air contacts? The version I downloaded still gives me surface contacts.

DragonRR1
05-07-07, 05:13 AM
Hey guys, thanks for your responses!

@AVGWarhawk

Very useful list, appreciate it!

DragonRR1
05-07-07, 07:01 AM
14) Dive planes, happened to me once after coming out of high TC. Does not affect the sub submerging. Just for visual effect. Not really a bug in my view. Over 100 hours of play and only once has this happened to me. Problem resolved on next game reload.
Agreed, plz see issue 28.

15) CTD in Navmap....never, not once for me. I spend more time here than anywhere else. Sounds like a hardware issue. I will post my hardware at end of my list.
Hardware or patch issue agreed.

19) SD radar only detects airplanes for me. As far as I'm concerned, fixed!
I’ve seen this problem and there is a mod workaround..............

24) I still have the neat tick sound when using the TDC.
Well it was mentioned by Neal Stevens so I thought I’d better leave it in! Anyone else confirm the ticks or lack of them?

28) Zero game save issues for me. I never had the damaged deal and sinking like a rock some have experienced.
I’ve had a couple of minor save game issues, as suggested the bulk of the issues relate to underwater saves.

29) My deck gun and AA gun can get fully repaired. You need healthy men manning it for this to happen. Not a bug in my view. Only issue I see with damage control is no indication how bad the hull is. Need a meter like SH3 had.
We could do with a response from the devs as to whether this is an issue or not, hull damage meter is a request in the list (sorta) – see 30)

40) No issue with aircraft for me. I only experience many aircraft when a convoy and especially a task force is around. Celebes Sea, I see very few if any aircraft, Luzon I see more action. I suspect this correct. Submerge during the day like they did. I have not experienced the night attacks either.
Night attacks – agreed but personally I see too many aircraft attacks during daylight.

51)repetative missions, complete the missions or find a convoy and report. Seems this triggers change in your missions.
Odd.. I’ve had a lot of repeats and have completed the missions…

59)Torps not loading while in port. Ummmm....you should do it so you can pick what type you want. Feature in my view.
Well.. imo it’s a game and a reminder would be rather helpful!

69)watchman with arms outstretched. Usuall occurs after high TC. Happend in SH3 as well. Not really a bug and if you bounce to another screen and comeback, usually he is looking through his binocs.

74)Crtl+N changes the weather. Never experienced this and I have used these keys because someone stated it will display the weather. Mine do not. These keys are unmodded in my game.
I tried it when someone mentioned it @ subsim. It works for me. I don’t personally have a problem with it being there or not but some have complained they can’t map the key.

Provisional

d) premature explosions of torpedoes. Not reported a dud because the sonarman hears an explosion, he does not SEE that it prematured. I hear bang and I would say it was a hit.
I guess the question here is – is the premature detonation of torps realistic. On occasion I’ve had 4 in a row (although they could have blown each other up I guess)

k)My radar does not default to focus mod when I jump to this station. All it does is stop sweeping so I can decide what to do with it.

m)Seeing men at the AA gun when submerging. Happened in SH3 as well, not really a bug in my view. Not a feature eitherhttp://www.subsim.com/radioroom/cid:image001.gif@01C790A7.3F6ACAD0
Have you actually seen this problem in SH4 warhawk?

Warhawk.. You mention that you’ve seen the other issues, do you include the provisional ones in this?

Skweetis
05-07-07, 11:05 AM
Provisional not included, need confirmation:

a) There should be Ensigns by default with the boat’s starting crew. The only Ensign on board is in the 1st watch sensors compartment.
Not sure about this, the rosters I have found on the internet seem to only have one or two ensigns at most. Maybe poster is thinking of surface vessels?

b) Rudder not shown on damage screen, is it possible for it to be destroyed without notification?
Personally, have not had a broken rudder yet, so no comment. Maybe you can't break the rudder?

c) Planes are too easily destroyed.. Possibly true but their numbers are so great they need to be!
It is documented that Japanese planes were rather fragile in comparison to their US counterparts. This can be especially seen with the infamous Zero, which was built for speed and maneuverability. This is one of those things that I think comes down to personal preference. I am comfortable with the fragility.

d) It is common to see torpedoes blowing up early – is this a feature? Comments so far are that this is realistic but the torpedoes which do blow up are not reported as duds.
I have only had this happen consistently when attacking in high seas. Which I think IRL had the same effect on the torps. I personally am comfortable with this, and feel it is realistic enough.

e) Crewmember’s head through roof! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=514202&postcount=335 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=514202&postcount=335)
I believe this only happens with the S class boats, porpoise and maybe the salmon. The other boats have a hatch there so no heads are cut off.

f) S-class boat: The left hand dive operator animation shows the operator turning the wheel, the right hand dive operator’s wheel I stuck!
Never noticed. Will check on my next S-Class patrol

g) The main or observation periscope does not rotate in external view, always points forward.
I have noticed this. They apparently are only animated when extended and retracting. Im not too concerned about this personally.

h) 1280x720 resolution is not available/doesn’t work.
I don't use this resolution, so I have no comment.

i) There is no visible crew on the deck of the Coastal Composite Freighter and the Small Split Freighter
Never paid that much attention to it. Will check on next patrol.

j) The bridge compass on the Gar class and possibly other subs if off by 90 degrees.
Never noticed. Will check on next patrol

k) The radar defaults to focus mode when the player moves to one of the displays.
Confirmed personally.

l) Some boats have no second man at the right hand dive planes station but rather somewhere else in the station. The slot gets filled only when battlestations is selected.
Gar class boat left dive plane indicator points to dive when surfacing, right hand indicator mirrors so it points to nothing.
Gar class boat – crewman MAY rotate the wheels the wrong way.
Never noticed, will check.

m) If you leave the AA gun stations as the boat goes underwater the crew can be seen manning the AA gun underwater from the external view.
Never saw this happen yet. I never man the AA personally which is why I may not have seen this.

n) Surface radar sweeps only at up to around 8x time compression (may be system dependent) at higher speeds the radar turns off.
Never noticed, but it would explain alot. Will test on next patrol

o) Event camera, when showing the sub being attacked by planes, often shows the sub 90 degrees from it’s own wake or sticking up out of the water before everything pops back into position.
I dont use the event camera so no comment.

And heres one I've been meaning to report:
p) the camera in the conning tower tilts the opposite of the motion of the boat. When diving, the camera tilts down aftward, when surfacing the camera tilts up Aftward. Like a steeringwheel in a pirates pants "Arrrgh, tis drivin' me nuts"

MY SETUP
============
CURRENT MODS:
I am only running cosmetic mods that affect the dds files at the moment. All my data files are vanilla. I'll edit my post later to display the list of mods I am using .

HARDWARE:
Intel P4/HT @ 3.0
2 GB RAM
nVidia 7600 GT
nforce 4 chipset
2x 300gb SATA2
============

PS - Great work DragonRR1, keep it up!

AVGWarhawk
05-07-07, 11:30 AM
AVGWarhawk, can you provide a link to the fix files for SD radar that give you only air contacts? The version I downloaded still gives me surface contacts.

I have done nothing with the file for this. After patch 1.2 SD only gives me air contacts. Once 1.2 was installed the call out for ships stopped. I see this as fixed with 1.2 patch.

AVGWarhawk
05-07-07, 11:31 AM
Warhawk.. You mention that you’ve seen the other issues, do you include the provisional ones in this?

Yes, anything I did not mention in my original post look to have issues or bugs.

AVGWarhawk
05-07-07, 11:34 AM
m)Seeing men at the AA gun when submerging. Happened in SH3 as well, not really a bug in my view. Not a feature eitherhttp://www.subsim.com/radioroom/cid:image001.gif@01C790A7.3F6ACAD0
Have you actually seen this problem in SH4 warhawk?

I have not seen this personally.

DragonRR1
05-08-07, 06:40 AM
And heres one I've been meaning to report:
p) the camera in the conning tower tilts the opposite of the motion of the boat. When diving, the camera tilts down aftward, when surfacing the camera tilts up Aftward. Like a steeringwheel in a pirates pants "Arrrgh, tis drivin' me nuts"

I've updated the list to include, where appropriate comments from Skweetis and AVGWarhawk (thanks guys).

Ideally I need more comments from others, confirmations, workarounds etc..

@Skweetis: I've added your provisional item internally but TBH I don't really understand what you mean and I'm at work so I can't try it.. Can you elaborate a little? :)

leeclose
05-08-07, 07:21 AM
Seeing men at the AA gun when submerging. Happened in SH3 as well, not really a bug in my view. Not a feature either

I can confirm this happened to me on at least 3 occasions:up:

TheVillagePeople
05-08-07, 07:30 AM
Hey I got one for you, only happened once though.

When fullscreening the torpedo event camera, after explosion the camera can stick and won't responding to keys being pressed.

Just use a shortcut to go to a different station. :)

mcoca
05-08-07, 11:06 AM
Some comments:

b) Rudder not shown on damage screen, is it possible for it to be destroyed without notification?

I've seen this (posted in a couple of threads about it). Once destroyed it's not repaired even at a refit. I have the savegames and can provide them and/or screenshots if needed.

g) The main or observation periscope does not rotate in external view, always points forward.

Confirmed, with both periscopes, actually.

j) The bridge compass on the Gar class and possibly other subs if off by 90 degrees.

This happens in the Gato too. Also, none of the three compasses in the control room work, they don't move at all. The only one that works is the one in the conning tower.

k) The radar defaults to focus mode when the player moves to one of the displays.

I think the radar is always in focus mode by default, it's just that the AI operator turns it around, just like the sonarman does.

l) Some boats have no second man at the right hand dive planes station but rather somewhere else in the station. The slot gets filled only when battlestations is selected.
Gar class boat left dive plane indicator points to dive when surfacing, right hand indicator mirrors so it points to nothing.
Gar class boat – crewman MAY rotate the wheels the wrong way.

Yes, and the number of rivets is way off ;)

m) If you leave the AA gun stations as the boat goes underwater the crew can be seen manning the AA gun underwater from the external view.

Was this taken from my comment on the bug thread? Otherwise, consider this a confirmation. To reproduce 1) Order your crew to the guns, 2) Then man the gun yourself, 3) Dive 4) As you pass 25 feet, go to external view. The crew at the AA guns will stay no matter how deep you go.

This is more a glitch than a bug, though. It's really hard to trigger by accident, since waiting a few more feet until you are sent to internal view will prevent it.

n) Surface radar sweeps only at up to around 8x time compression (may be system dependent) at higher speeds the radar turns off.

I see this, too, but at a higher TC, maybe 256x. You still get new contacts, though, it's just that the old ones are not updated. Not very serious, IMO.

Regarding Skweetis' problem in the conning tower, I just checked and it seems fine to me. When the boat dives, I see more of the ceiling (i.e. the view is level with the horizon and the boat is going down), and when it surfaces, I see more of the deck. Maybe I'm confused about which side is which in the internal view?

mcoca
05-08-07, 11:11 AM
After patch 1.2 SD only gives me air contacts. Once 1.2 was installed the call out for ships stopped. I see this as fixed with 1.2 patch.
Are you really getting aircraft contacts? For me, and most people I've seen post about it, the SD radar stopped detecting ships all right... but it doesn't detect aircraft either. As a substitute, I'm using the SJ fix from FTT, which adds aircraft detection to the SJ.

Skweetis
05-08-07, 11:37 AM
Regarding Skweetis' problem in the conning tower, I just checked and it seems fine to me. When the boat dives, I see more of the ceiling (i.e. the view is level with the horizon and the boat is going down), and when it surfaces, I see more of the deck. Maybe I'm confused about which side is which in the internal view?

The bow of the boat when in the conning tower is in the direction of the steering wheel and guages. When diving, the camera tilts so that the steering wheel moves up (giving the impression the bow is rising, not diving.)

When you first enter the conning tower you are facing aft (the radar operator is aftward, the sonarman is foreward.)

Hope that explains my experience better.

mcoca
05-08-07, 11:44 AM
The bow of the boat when in the conning tower is in the direction of the steering wheel and guages. When diving, the camera tilts so that the steering wheel moves up (giving the impression the bow is rising, not diving.)

When you first enter the conning tower you are facing aft (the radar operator is aftward, the sonarman is foreward.)

Hope that explains my experience better.
I get it now. In that case, I'm not sure what is exactly the bug. The movement of the boat is reversed, and that explains also why some people complain the noises are inverted, but they seemed all right to me. But it would be even more confusing for the average player to have it the other way around, since all the default cameras are placed looking aft. So, maybe the camera location is a bug, too? ;)

AVGWarhawk
05-08-07, 11:50 AM
After patch 1.2 SD only gives me air contacts. Once 1.2 was installed the call out for ships stopped. I see this as fixed with 1.2 patch.
Are you really getting aircraft contacts? For me, and most people I've seen post about it, the SD radar stopped detecting ships all right... but it doesn't detect aircraft either. As a substitute, I'm using the SJ fix from FTT, which adds aircraft detection to the SJ.

Yes, this is all I get with that radar. As far as I can tell it is fixed. Before 1.2 it would detect ship and plane. Now just planes. Works fine for me.

Skweetis
05-08-07, 12:07 PM
AVG, did you install 1.1 first then 1.2? or did you wipe and put 1.2 straight on the fresh install?

Only reason I ask is that I have yet to pick up A/C on the SD... mya have to do a clean reinstall.

Skweetis
05-08-07, 12:14 PM
@Skweetis: I've added your provisional item internally but TBH I don't really understand what you mean and I'm at work so I can't try it.. Can you elaborate a little? :)

Best way to explain it: Stand facing the ladder to the bridge, you are now facing starboard. When diving, the conning tower should appear to tilt downward on your left (which is the bow of the boat) instead this effect is reversed. I have noticed this on the porpoise and salmon classes.

Not a big issue, just a little annoyance really.

DragonRR1
05-09-07, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. I could do with some more feedback from others even if the feedback simply agrees with existing posts.

U-Bones
05-09-07, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the responses so far. I could do with some more feedback from others even if the feedback simply agrees with existing posts.

I will go the other way. A lot of the existing posts are comments such as "I have never experienced this". I simply want to caution against using these to change the stautus of any particular bug.

The absence of evidence is not evidence to the contrary. Leave these as unconfirmed, or change to disputed, if appropriate, but please do not remove any reported bug on the basis of a couple users not experiencing it.

Thanks for this effort.

Skweetis
05-09-07, 10:24 AM
I will go the other way. A lot of the existing posts are comments such as "I have never experienced this". I simply want to caution against using these to change the stautus of any particular bug.

The absence of evidence is not evidence to the contrary. Leave these as unconfirmed, or change to disputed, if appropriate, but please do not remove any reported bug on the basis of a couple users not experiencing it.

Thanks for this effort.

QFE - I agree 100%

DragonRR1
05-09-07, 10:50 AM
I only intend to remove issues if there is a general consensus that an issue just doesn't exist. For example AVGWarhawk has mentioned that the SD radar is fine and after reading many posts by him I certainly respect his views but the general opinion is that there is an issue so the issue will remain. Again as an example the "tick" issue 24) will have a note added that user x reports the ticking is still present.

My aim is to get as much feedback as possible so that (assuming the devs are working on patch 1.3) they will be able to easily see the issue being referred to and re-create it.

Issues I've removed in the past have generally been duplicates.

DragonRR1
05-10-07, 12:52 PM
Changelog 4d
Updated 24) More information
Updated 29) More information
Updated 51) More information
Updated a) More information
Updated b) More information - escalated
Updated e) More information
Updated g) More information
Updated j) More information- escalated
Updated k) More information
Updated n) More information
Updated p) More information
Added issue 81)
Escalated provisional item on rudder damage to issue 80)
Escalated provisional item on the bridge compass to issue 82)
Added provisional issue q)
Added provisional issue r)
Updated the Query section with a link for posting.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=529992&postcount=466

If you all wouldn't mind checking the changes and in particular commenting on the new provisional issues!

In addition can anyone confirm these issues:

Posted by Dimdoms:
...is the reoccuring "Awards Ceremony" after each patrol I'm being reawarded the same "wounded medal" for the "0 patrol of USS Gunnel" even though my current boat is "USS Balao". Didn't see this in the latest version of the buglist.

I've also never seen rain, some high seas, but never any rain. I miss the four week storms in the Atlantic.

Dragon

mcoca
05-10-07, 01:12 PM
I read that list and I get the same uneasy feeling as when I get the bug lists for my programs :doh:

Regarding provisional item p) there is a related thread at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114303

I suspect this is somewhat of an "intended bug", since if it was correctly done, the default cameras would be confusing to use.