PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!

clayp
05-06-07, 11:44 AM
Doses anyone here have have any personal experiance with having a high end gaming system built,I need some leads to reputable companys to get a new system built..I'm too sick and my regular guy was going to do it but has changed his mind..So someone please help me.....:cry:

Darkranger85
05-06-07, 12:01 PM
As in a company such as Dell, Gateway, and HP for whole systems? or are you referring to the best companies to go with as far as parts? I dont recommend ANY prebuilt company personaly, all my computers are custom built and I dont think I'll ever change that.

mookiemookie
05-06-07, 12:03 PM
I've bought my last two systems from www.ibuypower.com (http://www.ibuypower.com) and have had really good experience all around. Their components are good quality, and I've been happy with them on the whole.

That being said, I've also heard that www.velocitymicro.com makes a good system, but I haven't ever bought from them so I can't really vouch for customer service, price, etc

CaptainHunter
05-06-07, 12:09 PM
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/Default.asp

clayp
05-06-07, 12:30 PM
As in a company such as Dell, Gateway, and HP for whole systems? or are you referring to the best companies to go with as far as parts? I dont recommend ANY prebuilt company personaly, all my computers are custom built and I dont think I'll ever change that.

I understand that Darkranger and I built my last system it has worked very well untill now but I'm too sick to do it...:cry:

Mudrik
05-06-07, 12:45 PM
It all depends on your budget,

Have a look here to start with:-

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=43&catid=781

Then have a look here:-

http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Area-51_ALX/area-51_overview.aspx?SysCode=PC-AREA51-ALX-R6&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT

Then have a rethink about certain high street/mail order PC retailers.

If Alienware can't provide you with a high end gaming PC then I suggest that you look for a time machine and bring a PC back from the future!

Good luck in your search

rduffy34
05-06-07, 12:51 PM
Yep, I went with Alienware spent 4k on my PC but I can run ANYTHING on max graphics with no loss of performance, they have a great support team too.

clayp
05-06-07, 01:04 PM
Yep, I went with Alienware spent 4k on my PC but I can run ANYTHING on max graphics with no loss of performance, they have a great support team too.
When was this sir? I had one a long time ago but I'm a little leary of them since they have bought by Dell..

rduffy34
05-06-07, 01:07 PM
Just last year around the 1st of november.

Mudrik
05-06-07, 03:05 PM
Yep, I went with Alienware spent 4k on my PC but I can run ANYTHING on max graphics with no loss of performance, they have a great support team too. When was this sir? I had one a long time ago but I'm a little leary of them since they have bought by Dell..

Oooh, Dell, that's not good. Would you still eat at Claridges if they were bought out by Burger King?

clayp
05-06-07, 04:01 PM
Yep, I went with Alienware spent 4k on my PC but I can run ANYTHING on max graphics with no loss of performance, they have a great support team too. When was this sir? I had one a long time ago but I'm a little leary of them since they have bought by Dell..

Oooh, Dell, that's not good. Would you still eat at Claridges if they were bought out by Burger King?

No I wouldnt but I havent heard from anyone that has delt with Alienware since they were bought by Dell...

clayp
05-06-07, 05:12 PM
Has anyone here had any dealings with Cyber Power,bought a system from them or know some one that has?Please answer soonest if you have...Or the same questions concerning Alienware since they were bought by Dell..

fidget
05-06-07, 08:14 PM
I recently built my own high-end rig, so I don't have any direct experience with pre-built systems, but I really enjoy reading the reviews at this site.
http://www.hardocp.com/reviews.html?cat=NDcsR2FtaW5nIFN5c3RlbXMsaGVudGh1c 2lhc3Q=
These guys don't pull any punches at all and if I was going to buy a pre-built system, I would feel pretty solid about selecting any of their higher-rated systems. These are the most thorough and really brutally honest reviews I've seen anywhere.

clayp
05-06-07, 08:46 PM
Thank you VERY much fidget,I built my own but am too sick to so anymore...

CaptainHunter
05-06-07, 09:41 PM
I normally build my own but cyberpower got there hands on the Intel 2duo before they hit the selves, so I order the PC I'm using now from them, you can pick and choose what you won't and they will build it.

Hell I might even let them build my next one:hmm:

Fish40
05-06-07, 10:13 PM
I have an old (at least six years) Cyberpower system still running Windows98! I just use it for web browsing, but it's still ticking.

I'm in the market for a high end system, and checked out a few companies. When the time is right, I think I'll be going with Cyberpower. I customised a primo CrossFire, liquid cooled CPU system for alot less then I expected.

clayp
05-06-07, 10:52 PM
Thank you so much guys....:D