PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Watch

CaptJC
05-06-07, 10:16 AM
:o I have had no major problems with SH4,I'm on my third patrol, but today I noticed an anomaly..........I was patrolling in the Celebes Sea,the weather was heavy seas and rain (p,ing down!!),the Bridge watch kept disappearing. Now you see 'em,now you don't!!Also,in SH3,if you dived to P.depth and then surfaced your watchmen are wearing oilskins........not so in SH4 in my experience.
AMD 64.3200 with Zalman Cooler
2Gb Corsair ram
200 Gb Hd (hitachi)
19" iiyama LCD monitor @1280 x 1024,32 bit
ATI Radeon X850 256Mb DDR3 (AGP..very rare!!)
Logitech Wireless Kbd + Mouse
550W Akasa power
Pioneer DVD R/W
Abit MB KV8 Pro 3rd Eye
Audigy 2 Sound

daft
05-06-07, 12:06 PM
I think the disappearing watch has to do with how deep in the water the submarine is. When you dive the boat the watch crew generally goes below when you hit 25ft. When the seas are high and you're running on the surface you occasinally hit 25ft due to the wave action. When you do, the crew goes below even though the boat's not in a dive and then re-appear once you get above 25ft again.

mookiemookie
05-06-07, 12:33 PM
I think the disappearing watch has to do with how deep in the water the submarine is. When you dive the boat the watch crew generally goes below when you hit 25ft. When the seas are high and you're running on the surface you occasinally hit 25ft due to the wave action. When you do, the crew goes below even though the boat's not in a dive and then re-appear once you get above 25ft again.

I had this happen in heavy seas the other day and this is exactly the explanation I came up with for it as well.