PDA

View Full Version : We need a Pirate Mod

DiveMonkey
05-05-07, 10:08 PM
Remember that MS game, you were air Pirates in the 20's taking on mercenary jobs.

That's what we need for SHIV.
A mad captain gone rogue with a skalywag crew of misfits.

A secret Island base, and all the seven seas to plunder in your pirate sub. Instead of renown you get supplies ,
dry goods, fuel, weapons, maybe a safe port or two to do trade, shanghai new crew :arrgh!:

new skins and uniforms for the crew, you could even have a mixed bag of crew, a renegade Uboat officer on an American pirate sub :rotfl: maybe even some German accent ogg. files for a couple of the crew.

Madox58
05-05-07, 10:47 PM
You Sir, Are the next inline to be keel hauled
for stateing your thoughts!!!
How dare you state such a independent idea!!!
Yep!!!
See you on the underside of the hull when the
ArseHats see this!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

spdklls
05-06-07, 12:23 AM
I would love to see a game like that:arrgh!:
You could plunder equipment from all sides and have the best technology, maybe lurk around some of the historical battles and change the outcome without them even knowing you're there. Sorta like that 007 film with the stealth boat.

DiveMonkey
05-06-07, 12:27 AM
LOL! I'll bring me own blank :arrgh!:

No map contacts!
No orders, except third world countries and privet corporations biding for your services!
Just trade roots, as you become more of a pain, all the Nations ban together to police the trade roots!
Your running from everyone:rotfl:

Hmm! maybe morphidite a crew man,...into a crew women!

Madox58
05-06-07, 12:38 AM
Well, I'll say this so every Arsehat can shoot at me.
We can do most any kind of mod we want.
Comedy, Ghostly, random mix, what have you.
You will always have someone try to tell you what is right.
If it does not fit into the norm as far as the forums here?
You will get blasted.
I, for one, would love to work on something
completly different!!
:rotfl:

perisher
05-06-07, 05:44 AM
Okay, it's not what I would do, or want, but, whatever floats your sub. If you can do it you are sure to find stuff that will be useful to hard core sub-simmers like me. I shall watch developments with interest. Should I expect Crimmson Tide meets Crimmson Pirate?
Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum, me harties:arrgh!:

Takeda Shingen
05-06-07, 07:09 AM
Well, I'll say this so every Arsehat can shoot at me.
We can do most any kind of mod we want.
Comedy, Ghostly, random mix, what have you.
You will always have someone try to tell you what is right.
If it does not fit into the norm as far as the forums here?
You will get blasted.
I, for one, would love to work on something
completly different!!
:rotfl:

I suggest that you take a long virtual stroll down the pages of the SHIII mod forum. There, you will see numerous ahistorical modifications to that sim. Those modders where not, as you suggest, shot at. In the future, it may be advisable to read before you post.

Furthermore, should you stay in this community long enough, you will realize the error of much of what you have written. In other words, stick around. This is a nice place.

Payoff
05-06-07, 08:01 AM
Finally someone has found a use for the "muscilly" shirtless crew. Oh and you're gonna need eye patches, lots of eye patches & funny hats too. In my best Popeye: "Uhhh . . . what squenky eye?"

What is an Arsehat anyway?

Chock
05-06-07, 08:25 AM
An arsehat is the terribly posh British version of an asshat, I presume.

Mudrik
05-06-07, 02:23 PM
An arsehat is the terribly posh British version of an asshat, I presume.

I guess so, except that the British are the best in the World when it comes to swearing and that an Arse is a bum or a butt, depending on which side of the Atlantic you come from, whereas an Ass is a small horse/mule/donkey type of animal.

FYI the Brits also invented the "two finger salute" or the "V sign". It was the archers at Agincourt showing the French that they still had their fingers as a sign of defiance. Oh the sweet history of abuse

DiveMonkey
05-06-07, 03:05 PM
Well, I was only thinking fun.

Something that played into SHIV, like a brilliant commander a true hero who finds himself along with his boat retired after five patrols.

Life at the desk drives him a little bonkers, so he recruits some of his old crew to steal back their boat. :arrgh!:

No super weapons, a struggle just to find weapons!
No sinking...better to bring em to a full stop!...easy to rob!
Special missions...black market rum running, corporate spies, insertion of rebel forces and the like.

Would even be a good place for all those lighted ship mods, if it took place in peace time.

I'd play it full real :arrgh!:

Takeda Shingen
05-06-07, 04:02 PM
Whatever you decide to do, just be sure to wait until the game is patched to final so that you can take advantage of the maximum number of hardcoded fixes as possible. This is always the best idea when proceeding with an overhaul mod as you are describing.

sqk7744
05-06-07, 05:48 PM
Arrghhhh Tis' a nice cove to be laying low in the Caroline's :arrgh!::arrgh!::arrgh!::arrgh!:

"Does that Patch are your eye make you a pirate?"

...." Kind of "

Calbeck
05-06-07, 07:31 PM
Come to think of it, a sub would really be the last modern-day possibility for a GOOD pirate ship. Up until maybe the '80s, you could expect to be able to slip out to sea from a secret cove, submerged and undetected, to pillage and raid until the holds can hold no more! A minimal crew to make room for booty, unloading goods on shady secluded beachfronts throughout Indonesia...breakfast in Malaysia, dinner in Hong Kong with your fence's alluring Chinese representative...

Damn, now I wanna see a MOVIE about it. -:>

DiveMonkey
05-06-07, 07:47 PM
Well, I'm a loooooooong waaaay from knowing enough to do any of this. It just sounds like a fun mod.
Wouldn't have to be pirate garb ether, just a lack's dress code
couple guys hang-in out in Hawaiian shirts, and if the code could ever be dug out...maybe a hottie Asian helms-women with...attitude:up:

Crosseye76
05-07-07, 12:20 AM
Come to think of it, a sub would really be the last modern-day possibility for a GOOD pirate ship. Up until maybe the '80s, you could expect to be able to slip out to sea from a secret cove, submerged and undetected, to pillage and raid until the holds can hold no more! A minimal crew to make room for booty, unloading goods on shady secluded beachfronts throughout Indonesia...breakfast in Malaysia, dinner in Hong Kong with your fence's alluring Chinese representative...

Damn, now I wanna see a MOVIE about it. -:>

"Up Periscope" Should help to get you into a "YAAAAAAARRRRRRR" frame of mind. :arrgh!:

jerryt
05-07-07, 05:51 PM
I just demand a parrot shouting "Ship sighted Cap'n" :arrgh!: :rotfl:

swash
05-07-07, 09:30 PM
I just demand a parrot shouting "Ship sighted Cap'n" :arrgh!: :rotfl:

squawk... tanker want a torpedo, tanker want a torpedo... squawk...

hit em again captn, hit em again. squawk...:rotfl:

SH6, Parrots of the Burning South Seas.:lol:

Safe-Keeper
05-08-07, 04:01 PM
I want a trained parrot that can drop bombs on enemy ships.

Survivor 1: I'm positive, skipper, we were hit by a Japanese bomb.
Survivor 2: Flying by itself, eh? Are you suggesting bombs migrate?
Survivor 1: Not so, skipper - they can be carried.
Survivor 2: A parrot carrying a 100kg bomb?
Survivor 1: It could grip it by the fins.
Survivor 2: It's not a question of where it grips it - it's a simple question of... [and so on]

You know what the worst thing is? That's almost precisely what I had in mind for a Total Conversion: A pirate mod.

It had many of the features you describe - defecting submariners, a hidden base (in my mod it was to be on Greenland), captured supplies instead of renown... I even had a basic, rough storyline involving treachery, global diplomacy, etc.

Maybe someday I'll make it for SH4. As a side note, you know how enemy ships leave behind enemy survivors when sunk? Do you think it's possible to have it leave behind friendly supplies, too (that is, floating crates that can be 'rescued' by you)? This could be the principal way of gaining supplies in the game - salvaging them from enemy merchants.

Payoff
05-08-07, 09:12 PM
You would be better off training the seagulls, as they always seem to know where my boat is.