PDA

View Full Version : Staring At Map (F3)

banjo
05-05-07, 10:27 AM
I have been playing SH4 since it arrived and have been enjoying it, but, as with SH3, I spend 90% of my time staring at the map as I sail around in TC....the other 10% at the periscope. Kind of gets same ol' same ol'. Has anyone come up with a more immersive routine than that? Does no map update help? Ideas apprecitated. Tks.

Snuffy
05-05-07, 10:46 AM
I do what many a boat captain did while crusing.

Go to my office and read a good book until a contact is made. :rotfl:

GakunGak
05-05-07, 11:22 AM
I have been playing SH4 since it arrived and have been enjoying it, but, as with SH3, I spend 90% of my time staring at the map as I sail around in TC....the other 10% at the periscope. Kind of gets same ol' same ol'. Has anyone come up with a more immersive routine than that? Does no map update help? Ideas apprecitated. Tks.
Head to the bridge for a while, then go to the conn, dive past maximum operating depth at full speed, stay submerged until somebody farts or go hardcore and engage a taskforce with deck gun...:|\\

Iron Budokan
05-05-07, 02:58 PM
Dunno. When I was playing the game I usually found myself busy enough reading or whatnot.

Hitman
05-05-07, 03:07 PM
or go hardcore and engage a taskforce with deck gun...:|\\

LOL

that certainly is a new perspective of what "hardcore" means:up:

Sailor Steve
05-05-07, 03:13 PM
"Hardcase"
"Hard Head"
"Die Hard"

GakunGak
05-05-07, 03:31 PM
When I mean hardcore, I mean Chuck Norris...

Payoff
05-06-07, 08:46 AM
I like the fart one better.:lol:

McBeck
05-07-07, 03:55 AM
I have the same issue, so I started staying at the bridge for a few min. looking around every once and a while.
I would also read the names of my crew and reading radio news....

The addition of the CBB radio mod also added some great "feel" :D

melin71
05-07-07, 04:29 PM
hm....great advert for the game... :lol: read a book when you play.. lol

SteamWake
05-07-07, 07:27 PM
hm....great advert for the game... :lol: read a book when you play.. lol

Its not for everyone. A certain amount of patience is required.

Imagine what those poor sailors had to go through in real life stuck inside a rolling and pitching tube for days on end.

But to break the bordem I often switch to the outside cam and minimize the hud (period key on your numpad) and just enjoy the scenery.

I almost always switch to outside cam when crash dive is ordered just to see how long it takes.