PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do Now?

Fish40
05-05-07, 04:59 AM
It's January27,1943. I have been ordered to patrol off the Philoppines. I decided to top off my fuel tanks in Tulagi, to ensure plenty of cruising time. I then recieve a radio message telling me of the impending invasion of the Solomon Isl., on the 29th, and that any patrols in the area should lend a hand.

By this time, I'm out of the immediate area but recieve two contact reports: One is of an enemy convoy heading South towards the invasion area, and two is an enemy taskforce heading North away from the area.

After some calculating, I'm in position to attack either group! I have made Radar contact with both units, which are now approaching my position from either direction rather quickly. I need to make a choice! I'm thinking I should attack the convoy, which is undoubtably bringing either troops or supplies to reinforce the garrison on the Solomons against the American invasion. What would you do?

Einzelganger
05-05-07, 05:28 AM
This depends on how you want to approach the game.

I suppose it would be historically correct to go after the convoy, but if that's no concern to you then why not go nuts on the taskforce ?

I'd go after the convoy but either should get you some good things.

Sailor Steve
05-05-07, 10:31 AM
I'd take the convoy; gotta help them marines take Guadalcanal.

Snuffy
05-05-07, 10:45 AM
In bound needs taken out.

FAdmiral
05-05-07, 04:43 PM
I would take the convoy, the TF has already done its job...

JIM

cdrsubron7
05-05-07, 04:59 PM
Agree with the others, attack the inbound.

cdrsubron7 :up:

mookiemookie
05-05-07, 05:41 PM
Yep. Inbound always takes precedence over outbound.

Fish40
05-06-07, 10:43 PM
Mission accomplished! The inbound convoy consisted of four Destroyers, and two Passenger Liners, probrably transporting troops to the front. To make a long story short, they didn't make it. Destroyers started pinging away, I dove through a thermal layer, and they lost contact. The end!

FAdmiral
05-06-07, 11:25 PM
Another job well done by the US Navy Silent Service....

JIM