PDA

View Full Version : What a mess it was in Scotland

STEED
05-05-07, 04:18 AM
SNP pips Labour in Holyrood vote

The Scottish National Party has broken Labour's eight-year dominance of the Scottish Parliament.
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6626207.stm

Alex Salmond will not work with Labour and Labour under Gordon Brown what's nothing to do with the SNP, to cap it off thousands of ballet papers were rejected. What a joke the Scottish elections turned out to be.

Stealth Hunter
05-05-07, 05:04 AM
Yeesh, well, at least I live in the United States.;)

Then again, with elections coming up, it's somewhat the same here: a complete political madhouse.

micky1up
05-05-07, 05:15 AM
the foolish people of scotland will regret voting for a snake like alex salmond who spent most of his time in westminster living it up then came north when he saw an opeertunity and conned a nation this man is going to ruin everything in scotland

STEED
05-05-07, 11:17 AM
the foolish people of scotland will regret voting for a snake like alex salmond who spent most of his time in westminster living it up then came north when he saw an opeertunity and conned a nation this man is going to ruin everything in scotland

Too true, he is working to his secret agenda. :down:

Operation screw up Scotland. :shifty:

kurtz
05-05-07, 11:56 AM
Well cheers then Scotland...we'll miss you!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Heibges
05-05-07, 12:30 PM

Too true, he is working to his secret agenda. :down:

Operation screw up Scotland. :shifty:

Sounds like Howard Dean when he ran for Governor in Vermont.

XabbaRus
05-07-07, 03:50 PM
Alex Salmond is in a win win situation as far as he is concerned.

If it goes well he can take the credit. If things screw up he can blame Labour and WEstminster. Thing is I can't see him ever getting his referendum on independence given no one wants to make a coalition with him, no one worthwhile that is.

Syaing that is he introduced his 3p int eh pund local income tax instead of a council tax I wouldn't mind. Cut my bill in half. Given that only 10% of a council's budget is from council tax I would hope other taxes wouldn't go up. then again I am in dreamland here :)

Seriously the SNP do worry me, not maybe Alex Salmond but the braveheart scots who make up the members. Look at what has happened in the Baltics with the Russians vs the local population. They say that wouldn't happen in Scotland shoudl independence be gained but how can they be so sure?