PDA

View Full Version : i cant find any pilots!

ATR-42
05-03-07, 07:41 PM
They have all drowned or been eaten by sharks!! :damn:

...been steaming around Jima for DAYS................:gulp:

ATR-42
05-03-07, 10:33 PM
guys, im about ready to pack it up and head to port with an incomplete :(

finally found pilots, it appears as though an allied 747 went down, its been about a week, ive picked up about 8000 pilots, i think they are being lashed to the deck at this point, the mission is STILL showing incomplete.

the seas are about 15feet, in hard rain, no vis, night, this SUCKS

any ideas???:damn:

U-Bones
05-03-07, 11:03 PM
guys, im about ready to pack it up and head to port with an incomplete :(

finally found pilots, it appears as though an allied 747 went down, its been about a week, ive picked up about 8000 pilots, i think they are being lashed to the deck at this point, the mission is STILL showing incomplete.

the seas are about 15feet, in hard rain, no vis, night, this SUCKS

any ideas???:damn:

At least you get them on board. I have yet to get the lifebouy to light, have done every thing short of surfacing under them, and I've come pertty close to that.

ATR-42
05-03-07, 11:07 PM
follow the sonar contact (go figure) to the end, surface, they'll be close, bring up the bonocs, crosshair on them with bonocs, you should get the life ring to light up... click and hold steady for a few seconds you'll get a status message "survivor rescued"

rinse and repeat....

no luck completing this one after picking up dozens of pilots. Im RTB right now :( i just cant take it anymore, getting a headache.

U-Bones
05-03-07, 11:46 PM
follow the sonar contact (go figure) to the end, surface, they'll be close, bring up the bonocs, crosshair on them with bonocs, you should get the life ring to light up... click and hold steady for a few seconds you'll get a status message "survivor rescued"

rinse and repeat....

no luck completing this one after picking up dozens of pilots. Im RTB right now :( i just cant take it anymore, getting a headache.

Yeah I have tried that. Binocs simply do not trigger life bouy. You use stablized views ? Maybe I should give that a go ?

ATR-42
05-03-07, 11:53 PM
I use UN-stabalized views, so i was steadying it with the keys, and waiting for the pick up confirmation.

thankfully i wasnt retired or mothballed after RTBing with the mission incomplete. close call.... heres to heading out for another patrol :()1:..but i have a 'hunch' the war is ending in 3 more months

i have a lot of patience for this game, i mean HOURS and HOURS of it, but i just couldnt take it any longer. seriously i must have picked up 30 guys...

the only thing i could think of was this; the mission was assigned to me on monday. i drove around like a blind man for DAYS, i think 4, then all of a sudden, about 50 friendly contacts popped up, by the time i figured out how to pluck them up, they had drifted about 50 miles South West. (and whats with little people drifting at 5kts?!)
the only thing i could think of is perhaps i let them drift too far from the "life ring" on the map before picking them up, maybe they didnt count cause they were too far away???

i dunno but im glad its behind me and i hope i dont get it again! :arrgh!:

joea
05-04-07, 06:06 AM
Did you radio in after picking the pilots up?

Einzelganger
05-04-07, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure reporting in will make a difference as the survivors you picked up are not mentioned in the log such as sinkings or aircrafts we shot down.

I messed around with a single mission after first getting the game but had the same thing happening to me. I figured it was down to me just picking up survivors and not having sunk anything (Did you ?).

Anyway, that's what i'm going to try next time.

ATR-42
05-04-07, 03:28 PM
I radioed in after each pick up, im not sure that it matters...
funny you mention not sinking anything, at that particular time, i had completed 4 other missions and had about 90,000 tons behind me, on that patrol... however, during the pilot pick up, i didnt not sink anything... maybe i can try that next time as well...

Chock
05-04-07, 07:40 PM
You need a hot Cabin Crew attendant in a short dress - they find it easy to pick up pilots all the time.

And from my experience, the best place to find a pilot is in the bar. :D

Ping Jockey
05-04-07, 08:45 PM
So they really have Life Guard patrols in SH4. I haven't gotten one yet. I drop off spy's and supplies alot. Photo Recon too but no life guard patrol yet.:-? :-?

ATR-42
05-04-07, 09:04 PM
You need a hot Cabin Crew attendant in a short dress - they find it easy to pick up pilots all the time.

And from my experience, the best place to find a pilot is in the bar. :D

I know this first hand!! :) however, non of ours are good looking, all the hot stews are on the European airlines! :up:

SteamWake
05-09-07, 08:02 PM

rinse and repeat....

Yeah I have tried that. Binocs simply do not trigger life bouy. You use stablized views ? Maybe I should give that a go ?

Okay I hit this glitch tonight.

Trust me its not easy catching up to the drowning pilots in an S class. But thats another story.

I find a "survivor" get him locked in the binocs and I dont see any "life guard rings" and Im using steaded view.

I got up really close to one slowed the ship and still nothing.

ATR-42
05-09-07, 08:25 PM
steam, do you see the life ring icon at the bottom of your screen? on the menu bar? it will light up once you get the cross hairs on the pilot. then watch for the status message in the dialog box.