PDA

View Full Version : Finally got SH4.

Melonfish
05-03-07, 05:31 AM
Right so i've finally got sh4 and i've finally uninstalled shIII *cries*
i've installed but i havent done anything with it yet. i want to know a couple of things.

are there any pertinent patches (other then 1.2) or mods that are pretty much essential to this? one of my faves of shii was bad weather guns. absolute lifesaver does it exist for sh4?
i've got the usual JGSME (essential kit, well done that man) but is there an SH4 commander at all?

anyhoo, anything i should be looking out for or owt? its gonna be hard tryng not to give commands in german...
pete

TDK1044
05-03-07, 06:17 AM
Hi Pete,

If you go to the SH4 Mods Workshop, you'll see a full list of mods compatible with the 1.2 patch. As with SH3, it's very much a work in progress. :D

ReallyDedPoet
05-03-07, 06:56 AM
Great game, enjoy it and remember it is a work in progress.

RDP

joea
05-03-07, 11:21 AM
Dude, why did you uninstall SHIII? Unless space is an issue.

FIREWALL
05-03-07, 11:38 AM
Dude, why did you uninstall SHIII? Unless space is an issue.

Hi joea I'll second that.:up: Iget tired of one I can play the other.
And there's always new mods comeing out I need to try. :D

ReallyDedPoet
05-03-07, 11:46 AM
Yeah SH3 is still and will be on my d\t for awhile, it is nice to switch between the
two:yep:.

RDP

orangenee
05-03-07, 12:37 PM
I got the game yesterday and from the get go I really like it, I never played Silent Hunter III though but it sounds like something I should check out. I also like the move to the Pacific Theater it kinda reminds of Silent Service II (showing my age now), I made it through my first patrol without too much trouble (but I am only on 27% realism until I get used to everything).

Cap'n Crabs
05-03-07, 03:24 PM
Definitely get the green lantern mod. :up: You'll be able to see at a glance if one of your yellow button commands is activated or not.
Stock SH4, they stay yellow when you activate them.

mookiemookie
05-03-07, 03:34 PM
I'd go with Flavored to Taste or Real Fleet Boat. I'm lazy and don't want to try installing 10 different mods and praying that they're all compatible with each other. I like a one shot deal where you know everything will work with each other.

Big pat on the back to Beery and Ducimus for putting these packs together!

Hazelwood
05-03-07, 04:39 PM
Right so i've finally got sh4 and i've finally uninstalled shIII *cries*
i've installed but i havent done anything with it yet. i want to know a couple of things.

pete

Hi Melonfish,

The sim is pretty solid as it comes but you should apply the patch. As others have noted this is "a work in progress". Beware the fact this sim is VERY demanding of system resources and of your video card especially. My system required an upgrade in that area to produce acceptable frame rates. SHIV features highly realistic visual effects which enhance the feeling of actually "being there". You can obtain smooth performance but it may cost a few $$ for video if you are using an older machine (PCI, Pentium 4 @ 2.8 GHz). It's worth it.

best wishes,
Cpt J. Hazelwood / SS Haddock

Ducimus
05-03-07, 05:16 PM
are there any pertinent patches (other then 1.2) or mods that are pretty much essential to this?

Personnaly, i consider Flavored to Taste ver 2.4 absolutely essential. However, im the dork who compiled it, so my biased opinion doesnt count :88)