PDA

View Full Version : 7 fish left, and what do i find at anchor?

Capt. Shark Bait
05-03-07, 04:51 AM
2 Mogami class, 4 destroyers and 6 merchant type ships just inside the SE entrance to the Sulu Sea. cuz one Mogami was closest to me off my STBD bow i target it first with 4 torpedoes, then come about for a quick exit while i reload the final 3. all 4 miss:damn: . so, i come about again to try and get a bit closer. managed to get about 1775yrds and let loose with the 3 remaining again on the same target with the same result:damn: :damn: . maybe i should go back to shooters:hmm:

NefariousKoel
05-03-07, 10:52 AM
2 Mogami class, 4 destroyers and 6 merchant type ships just inside the SE entrance to the Sulu Sea. cuz one Mogami was closest to me off my STBD bow i target it first with 4 torpedoes, then come about for a quick exit while i reload the final 3. all 4 miss:damn: . so, i come about again to try and get a bit closer. managed to get about 1775yrds and let loose with the 3 remaining again on the same target with the same result:damn: :damn: . maybe i should go back to shooters:hmm:

Did you still have your Position Keeper turned on from a previous target? That's often a problem until you turn it off and reset it for your current one.

Capt. Shark Bait
05-03-07, 02:16 PM
yeah, that's exactly what it was the second attempt. didn't notice till i looked at the attack map. dunno when i'll have an oppertunity like that again:damn:

jerryt
05-04-07, 12:27 PM

Did you still have your Position Keeper turned on from a previous target? That's often a problem until you turn it off and reset it for your current one.

Lol, I had that happen too. Had a nice setup on two medium frieghters, and a small tanker.
Three fish to each freighter, and two from the aft tubes to the tanker. That one freighter got 8 fish! :o I think the last three hit lifeboats. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

-Pv-
05-05-07, 12:24 AM
Yup that position keeper is a tricky thing to get used to. I have a new mantra:
Switch target white red
Switch target white red...

-Pv-