PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to complete miision objective

pocatellodave
05-02-07, 10:21 PM
SHIII was easy to get in your mission requirements.Just go to designated area,and run a search pattern for a few hours.I took the S-44 out of Brisbane.north to the Solomons,crossed the designated area several time,left the area,dispatched a large Sampan,and still haven't got mission accomplished.
Pocatellodave

UnSalted
05-02-07, 10:49 PM
From my limited experience, it seems the patrol/deploy missions are satisfied by different means.

If your orders tell you to DEPLOY to an area, getting within 50 miles of the center of the highlighted star is all you need to do, other than any following orders such as destroy enemy merchant shipping.

If the orders are to PATROL a hghlighted area, I find that if I draw a 50 mile radius circle based on the center of the star and use a plotted course to tool around inside the circle for 48 hours, the mission is deemed a success. It always helps if the game puts a ship or convoy or two in the patrol area to keep it interesting.

gg5056
05-02-07, 11:19 PM
Thanks "unsalted"- Very Helpful Info.

pocatellodave
05-03-07, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the help.So it's just like AHIII,except the map is different,and the skipper has to lay out his search pattern a bit different.OK heading back over to the star area to put in my 48 hours.;)
Pocatellodave

SteamWake
05-03-07, 10:58 AM
How to complete missions -> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111509