PDA

View Full Version : For a good time.....

AVGWarhawk
05-02-07, 09:10 PM
OK, they handed me the USS Drum. Start patrol from PH. Fine, gives me a chance to test out the fuel situation. I usually start in the Asiatic Fleet..food is better. Anyway, as I motor on out to the Celebes Sea to start my first mission, I decide to blow by Midway as it does not make sense to head there for fuel...kind of out of the way to my area of patrol. I decide to try a harbor to scrounge for fuel. Since none of the harbors are colored coded for friendly and enemy, I decide Melekeok in Palau looks as good as any. This is were the good time starts. Melekeok is Japanese held and since the US sub pulled into enemy ports I went at this one. One destroyer on the move got dispatched to the bottom, there are land units so surface attack close in is risky. Planes also. I spend the rest of my stay sinking merchants and a pesky subchaser. It is very deep in the harbor so no problem there if a undesirable shows up. Excellent time playing with the TDC.

OK, out of fish and decide to head to Brisbane for a drink, a refit and a chick....not in that order either;) . After that, I head to Celebes Sea to finish the mission.

I love being the Skipper.....I get no back talk either:smug:

ReallyDedPoet
05-03-07, 07:03 AM
Nice little tale there AVG:up: Brisbane sounded fun:yep:

RDP

capt_frank
05-03-07, 07:28 AM
"call 867-5309"

Ask for Jenny

:D

Dodger01
05-03-07, 09:53 AM
"call 867-5309"

Ask for Jenny

:D

Who can I turn to? :smug:

DCOg
05-03-07, 10:02 AM
A question about refueling.
It sounds to me like you can go to any Port to refuel.
I thought you could refuel only at Ports designated with "Cross/Anchor".
Is this correct?

I look forward to meeting all my ship mates at Jenny's one day for a beer!

DCOg

AVGWarhawk
05-03-07, 10:09 AM
Correct, anchored bases you can refit/fuel up....I was just trying my luck:D at any old base.

stuntcow
05-03-07, 10:19 AM
Cool, sounds like fun to me.