PDA

View Full Version : Pause when torp explodes?

Vorkapitan
05-02-07, 03:58 PM
Hi All,

I could not find this when searching this site.

When I fire a torpedo, at time of impact, there is a 2 or 3 second delay (screen freezes) then the torp explodes with sound.

Is this a bug? If it is a bug, can it be added to the "bug list" ?

I have a Intel Dual Core 2 E6600, with 2 gig Corsair memory, XP, with a
Geforce 7900 gs (current drivers).

"Volmetric fog" option is off.
"Full screen glare" is off.
"Light shafts" is off. All others are on.

Joe :cry:

capt_frank
05-02-07, 04:22 PM
From what I recall, I too have noticed a slight pause when the torp hits...notice too that the "damage" is inflicted just a nano second prior to impact.

My rig is very similar to yours, but I haven't really taken this matter to heart, too much fun elsewhere!

Cheers, :D

Frank

Deep6
05-02-07, 04:49 PM
From what I recall, I too have noticed a slight pause when the torp hits...notice too that the "damage" is inflicted just a nano second prior to impact.

last night I paused the game as my torpedoe disappeared before the explosion or damage was shown

Vorkapitan
05-02-07, 04:58 PM

My rig is very similar to yours, but I haven't really taken this matter to heart, too much fun elsewhere!

Cheers, :D

Frank

But Frank, I'm talking about 2 or 3 second pause....to much in my opinion. :o

CaptainHaplo
05-02-07, 05:18 PM
I get the same results - and my rig is no where near yours. But - there are a couple of things to try - Disable or mark as primary one of the 2 cores. Second - make sure the sound time setting is off - this delays the sound from when the explosion "happens" in theory. But it seems to be a bit buggy. Other question - what sound card are you guys using - if its not set to full accelleration - that could be the problem. My issue is simply CPU limited - but other than the moment of impact or high graphix load everything runs fine. I dont see your issue as CPU related - unless the dual core is causing it. The game isnt really written for hyperthreading. Good Luck and Good Hunting!
Captain Haplo

Vorkapitan
05-02-07, 05:55 PM
CaptainHaplo,

I'm running as a single core.

I have not tried the "sound setting" or the Sound card settings yet... but will try.

I'm using Audigy 2.0.

Joe :)