PDA

View Full Version : My game crash (FIXED: Hardware Problem)

Hidalgo
05-02-07, 02:51 PM
Please, HELP me, my game crash sometimes. :damn: :damn: :damn:

SO.: Windows XP
PIV 2,4 Ghz.
2 Gbytes RAM
Ati Radeon X800Pro
Drivers Catalyst 7.4

Godboo
05-02-07, 02:57 PM
What are you doing when it crashes? Is it fully patched? Does it crash to desktop or do you need to hard boot?

We're going to need a little bit more info hehe. :)

Hidalgo
05-02-07, 03:02 PM
Yes, it is fully patched (V1.2). It crash to desktop usually when a torpedo hits a boat, but sometimes it crash without any reason.
Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your help.

Platypus65
05-02-07, 04:49 PM
Maybe just a coincidence, but I have not had any crashes since I move the in-game 3D sound slider to the left. Give it a try.

SteamWake
05-02-07, 04:55 PM
Another thing perhaps try rolling back your Cat drivers to 7.3 there has been some reported issues with the new 7.4

Of course I would try the clean out and re-install first.

Hidalgo
05-04-07, 04:50 PM
I had a hard disk drive error. I have reinstalled now and it seems to go fine. Thanks. ;)

Cap'n Crabs
05-04-07, 05:56 PM
If you have a disk drive error, that could be bad. You should check your event viewer in the administrative section of the windows control panel. Check the "system". If you see a lot of red X's that say disk drive or bad block, your drive maybe getting ready to fail.

If that is the case, open a command prompt and type "chkdsk /f " (without the quotes) hit enter, then Y to run the disk check on reboot if it asks.
You'll most likely have to restart to run the check disk program. A lot of times, it can fix problems with your disk. Mainly fixes files that are in bad physical sectors.
It can buy you time. I've seen drives run fine for a long time after running it, but it could be a forewarning hard drive failure.
Check disk takes a little while to run depending on problems it may find.

Hope this helps.

-Pv-
05-05-07, 12:52 AM
One of the biggest killers of XP is the realsched auto program that tries to auto-update the Real Player. If you try to disable it, it will re-enable. Crashes XP and uses extraordinary resources. The only way to get rid of it and still keep the Real Player working is to edit the files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\ and edit all the exe and dll filenames so the system can't execute them.
I use the following convention:
"realsched.exe.disable" then set them to read only.

Now you can disable it in msconfig auto tab and it will not come back until you manually upgrade the player. Then you have to go through all that again.

This is just one of hundreds of malware problems common to most people along with Kazza, Bargan Buddy, etc...

The freeware programs for cleaning spyware (adaware, etc.) are worse than the programs they are written to remove and don't remove even half of the reallly bad ones. Some programs that seem totally inocent like Weather Channel are spyware loaders. There are many programs that do that. They aren't spies themselves, but install other programs that are. Best to get a commercial spy remover.

-Pv-

JSF
05-05-07, 01:16 AM
Look.....You can try all of the fixes suggested here.....however you will find this game was released before it was fully complete. I have read all the many anecdotes contained in the forum and they are for the most part genuine and sincere efforts to assists everyone in an attempt to enhance thier gamming experience. And I might add, if UBI were as committed to developing a complete and finished sub simulation as the folks here are commited to fixing it...well you get the point. But, at the end of the day, UBI has sold a pig-in-a-poke. I am convinced that no amount of talent outside of UBI will salvage this simulation.

I will continue to play the sim, warts and all. But, UBI's now has a credibility gap that makes the Grand Canyon look like a hair-line fracture. I will not purchase anymore UBI products at any price!

-Pv-
05-05-07, 01:41 AM
This previous comment was not helpful to the person asking for assistance and disparages the kind-hearted. Since there are thousands of people playing the game without crashes, it's proof it IS possible and that there are real solutions for people to try rather than suggesting the game is just good enough for you to play once in a while but everyone else is a write off. There are many poluted threads on this board devoted to the discontented. The humble people asking for assistance don't need the flak.

Then when the poster says the problem was fixed and game runs fine, then you pounce on everyone. This is just tasteless. Can't stomach success? Only satisfied when everyone feels as rotten as you?
-Pv-

Hidalgo
05-05-07, 03:31 AM
I only can say:
SH4 goes FINE now. The problem wasn`t the game.
I think Ubi has done a simulator with enough bugs, but I will wait for more official patches and mods from this community. SH4 is spectacular and another advance for the submarine simulation. Who remembers Das Boot (the game)?.
Cheers.

BeRetta
05-05-07, 05:00 AM
I have another problem with Vista, with forceware 158.* I had CTDīs ALWAYS. Have not yet completed one single mission. :-? I reinstalled the game and applied the 1,2 Patch. Defraged my harddrive. Went back to Forceware 101,41. The game works now. BUT, the sound have started to stutter. Its awful to listen to. help? :cry:

Comp specs:
C2D E6400
2Gb ram 6400 Corsair
1Tb harddrive space, 3discs all SATA
Nvidia 7950GT 512mb RAM
22" Widescreenmonitor res 1680*1050
Vista Home Premium 64bits
Soundcard: Sb Audigy 2
Nothing is OCīed

Chock
05-05-07, 05:17 AM
Glad your computer is running SH4 okay now, but bear in mind that a HD error is not a good sign, make sure you've moved anything vital onto another drive or burned it to a CD.

Incidentally, I remember the Das Boot game, I can't remember whether I had it for C64 or Amiga, but I remember it had untextured very basic polygon graphics and ran really sluggishly when you went through Gibraltar whie the aeroplanes attacked you!

Think I gave up with it owing to the sluggish performance in fact.

Hidalgo
05-05-07, 07:42 AM
Oh, yes, I havenīt told before that Iīve changed my primary hard disk for the slave. The primary hard disk died the day before yesterday (RIP) after to begin this post. I have another external disk for all my data. Thanks for your advice Chock.