PDA

View Full Version : Patrol not updating?

Tiwaz
05-02-07, 04:16 AM
Ok. Might be something already known but my search came up empty for solution to this problem.

I have game patched, started new career after patch.

Problem:
I go out and sink ships, come back home after all tasks are complete. End patrol and... "No patrols yet" in the logbook. WTF????
I tested and started and ended patrol immediately, that gave me short patrol with 0 tons but when I come near Pearl and click "End Patrol" when the popup comes around, nothing updates.

I have unlimited fuel if that matters.

I really would like to have my tonnage registered.

bruschi sauro
05-02-07, 05:56 AM
Ok. Might be something already known but my search came up empty for solution to this problem.

Problem:
I go out and sink ships, come back home after all tasks are complete. End patrol and... "No patrols yet" in the logbook. WTF????
I tested and started and ended patrol immediately, that gave me short patrol with 0 tons but when I come near Pearl and click "End Patrol" when the popup comes around, nothing updates.

DELETE OLD CAREER AND START A NEW CAREER.:yep: .. MAYBE...

Tiwaz
05-03-07, 07:19 AM
Ok. So I have to wipe out ALL previous saves and then start new career?

SteamWake
05-03-07, 10:39 AM

Problem:

Let me see if I got this straight...

You are given a patrol, you complete that patrol (little star thing on map turns grey) but there is nothing in your captains log ?

Might try reading this thread it may help some http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111509

Tiwaz
05-04-07, 04:16 AM
To be more precise, I am given patrol. I go and patrol, they tell me to sink enemy merchants. Me does that.

I am out of torpedoes, low on shells and all mission details are completed. Hell, my logbook in SUBMARINE tells me I have 75k tons down under ( couple very nice convoys).

I go back to Pearl, dock, check the logbook in DESK at BASE. And it tells me "no patrols completed".

Catch, if I started patrol and docked immediately, I would get markings to logbook. It would state patrol XXX, 0 tons.

SteamWake
05-04-07, 12:12 PM
In order to complete a patrol you must stay within the patrol area (about 80 miles of the star thing) for a continuous 48 hours I belive.

The amount of tonnage sunk is irrelevant.

Check the link I gave above.

[Woah 2001 posts ! Id better get back to work !]

Tiwaz
05-04-07, 01:49 PM
*sighs* I suck at explaining things.

I have completed all the tasks. Patrol area (actually deployment) is grey, it is in my SHIP logbook marked complete. Same with hunting merchants.

My problem is, that when I take my ship to DOCK and end my patrol, my in base logbook (on the table, supposed to hold information on all completed patrols) claims I have not had any patrols.