PDA

View Full Version : wish i'd know the marshalls were

Capt. Shark Bait
05-02-07, 03:44 AM
:dead: or i wouldn't've gone there. not even a sampam. had to goto the bismark sea for 2 freighters and wake, where i got a destroyer with a near bow on shot:ping: . might even start a new career and hope for a better area, like maybe the bungo straits

jerryt
05-02-07, 10:10 AM
Lol, yeah I had the same thing. They first sent me to the Carolinas, where I saw two fishing boats, and got damaged by bombs.

Then they sent me back to the Marshalls, where I patrolled and got nothing.

Then they sent me to the Gilberts, where..you guessed it, nothing. This was about six weeks patrol time, lol.

I was ordered to patrol in the "area" of the Gilberts, soI went down to the Solomons and finally got some action there.

mookiemookie
05-02-07, 11:00 AM
I was redirected to the Marshalls during the invasion in late Jan '44 and saw absolutely nothing. So I figured since I was in the area, I'd scoot on over to the port of Kolonia.

I found a couple freighters moored at the harbor. I put 3 fish into one of them and high tailed it out of there. A nice quick 5000 tons for no real effort. Might be worth checking out if you're looking for some action. :smug:

Rip
05-02-07, 01:42 PM
Be careful around the northern islands. A witch doctor there told me that a day would come soon where everything would burn instantly all that exists and would poison many of the islands for more than a hundred years.

Crazy assed witch doctors.:roll:

Quillan
05-02-07, 01:59 PM
Was that witch doctor on Enewetak, perhaps? :roll:

Capt. Shark Bait
05-02-07, 05:05 PM
Was that witch doctor on Enewetak, perhaps? :roll:

bet he was in a Bikini, too:rotfl:

Rip
05-02-07, 06:34 PM
You guys are on to me. It was a glow in the dark Bikini BTW.

:eek: