PDA

View Full Version : King George V 1942? Two of them?

SeaSprite
05-01-07, 08:29 PM
Not a bad sign that I'm picking on this, but wondered if there was a date setting that could be added so that KGV won't appear in the game until mid-late 1944? Seeing two of them named the same was a little disconcerting, but perhaps I could copy KGV's config and called it Howe.

Nothing too major though imho.

Matt

FAdmiral
05-01-07, 09:30 PM
I sure hope you didn't sink them. They are one our side in SH4....

JIM

joea
05-02-07, 02:54 AM
I think you're in the wrong forum mate...SHIII is a bit further down. :know:

SeaSprite
05-02-07, 08:42 AM
I sure hope you didn't sink them. They are one our side in SH4....

JIM

No, but did admire them in SH IV :). Although, in May '42 KGV should be in the Arctic running convoy's to Russia.

Just wondered about a date toggle or something, again its not the biggest issue to deal with right now :).

SeaSprite
05-02-07, 08:48 AM

Ever use SH IV yet? Around Fremantle I saw KGV x2; and yes King George V, along with HMS Illustrious, Indomitable, Indefatigable and Victorious, and a little later HMS Howe formed part of the British Pacific fleet, these particular groupings formed TF.57. In late March 1945 they launched a sortie against the Sakishmo-Gunto airfields...

So, yes I am in the right forum :).

joea
05-02-07, 11:52 AM
Ever use SH IV yet? Around Fremantle I saw KGV x2; and yes King George V, along with HMS Illustrious, Indomitable, Indefatigable and Victorious, and a little later HMS Howe formed part of the British Pacific fleet, these particular groupings formed TF.57. In late March 1945 they launched a sortie against the Sakishmo-Gunto airfields...

Well that is really cool, I'll go look for them sometime, to share some drinks with our allies (not torpedo them). :know: Yea I got SHIV but not a machine to run it yet...sometime later this year.

Kant Schwimm
05-02-07, 05:05 PM
Well that is really cool, I'll go look for them sometime, to share some drinks with our allies (not torpedo them). :know: Yea I got SHIV but not a machine to run it yet...sometime later this year.[/quote]

Now thats what I call dedication:rock: :rock:

SeaSprite
05-02-07, 05:55 PM

Well that is really cool, I'll go look for them sometime, to share some drinks with our allies (not torpedo them). :know: Yea I got SHIV but not a machine to run it yet...sometime later this year.

Hehe, I upgraded my PC too for SHIV :). Sure its still missing a few things, and can be improved, but even in its current state I'm having a blast...Literally lol.