PDA

View Full Version : Patrol with 220000 tons of sinked ships! :D

Drusek
05-01-07, 05:26 PM
Short story:
The mission objective was agent insertion in Tsurusaki. While going there killed two medium merchants. The agent went off and... sunk :D He crashed into my sub I think... Anyway, I went to Hatsukaichi near Hiroshima and there were 2 Ise Battleship, a Carrier and some destroyers. They went down...actually its to shallow there so they didn't sunk but were destroyed anyway. Then I went to Kobe near Osaka... Found 2 Battleships, 3 Carriers and a Cruiser. I left the area with 1 torpedo left and went to Pear Harbour. 219k something tonnage. ~9k renown. Medals and such. Was nice :cool:

Btw, I'm using Flavored to taste 2.3 mod.

Some screenshots:

http://drusek.uni.cc/screenshots/temp/sh1.jpg

http://drusek.uni.cc/screenshots/temp/sh2.jpg

kakemann
05-01-07, 05:31 PM
OMG!

I'm greatly impressed.
;)

Fearless
05-01-07, 05:34 PM
Awesome :up:

Kataki
05-01-07, 05:34 PM
lol :)

I had similar results, this is with 88% realism :D

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4425/sh4img2042007194439390jk0.jpg

Storm may or may not have helped :)

lol yours is more impressive though, my 200,000 tons came from hapless merchants and 2 yamatos in a storm

(btw most of those ships were lifeboats who had sunk in the bad weather)

Drusek
05-01-07, 05:46 PM
Ohhh...btw...in each of those ports there was a sub that was indestructable - hit 1 with 3 torpedos and no damage.

Ducimus
05-01-07, 07:09 PM
I see i *really* need to start working on the campaign files soon. :rotfl:

SteamWake
05-01-07, 07:52 PM

No kiddin...

How much renown did you get for that ? and were you asked to retire afterwards ?

vindex
05-01-07, 08:22 PM
I had a similar experience in Kobe, logged 120,000+ tons. A couple of observations:

* When you hit a ship in harbor in SH3, it "woke up" and started moving and/or hunting for you. So did the other ships in harbor. In SH4 the entire fleet just sits there like target practice. Even the subhunters in port don't react -- so what are they there for?? Maybe the reaction wouldn't be instanteous -- give them 5 min to scramble out of their beds -- but you'd think after a capital ship blows up in your harbor there'd be some major reaction.

* The map shows "mine fields" in Japanese home waters, but I've never encountered any.

* It would be great to reintroduce minefields and sub nets from Grey Wolves. Going fishing in Japanese ports is too easy.

Prof
05-01-07, 08:51 PM
I had a similar experience in Kobe, logged 120,000+ tons. A couple of observations:

* When you hit a ship in harbor in SH3, it "woke up" and started moving and/or hunting for you. So did the other ships in harbor. In SH4 the entire fleet just sits there like target practice. Even the subhunters in port don't react -- so what are they there for?? Maybe the reaction wouldn't be instanteous -- give them 5 min to scramble out of their beds -- but you'd think after a capital ship blows up in your harbor there'd be some major reaction..It all depends on whether or not the ships are marked as a 'Docked Ship' in the campaign layers.

I did a test with a couple of DDs...one docked, one 'undocked' but with a speed of zero. I sank a large liner positioned in between the DDs. The docked DD did nothing but the 'undocked' DD came towards me, searching...didn't find me though!

One clue is that 'docked' ships don't have any smoke coming from their funnels.

Hartmann
05-01-07, 09:24 PM

With this tonnage the war could be finished and won in 1942 by a couple of submarines:rotfl:

bruschi sauro
05-02-07, 06:02 AM
ARE YOU ADMIRAL TOGO?:arrgh!:
THE SIMS , FOR ME, ARE NOT REALISTIC.... :nope:
WITH 5 SUB THE WAR ENDED IN 1942/1943:rotfl:

bruschi sauro
05-02-07, 06:13 AM
AFTER THIS SUCCESS AND AFTER THE BATTLE OF MIDWAYADMIRAL ISOROKU YAMAMOTO WAS FIRED AND WENT CRAZY, :yep: :rotfl:

MA MI FACCI AIL PIACERE..............

Quillan
05-02-07, 08:50 AM
* When you hit a ship in harbor in SH3, it "woke up" and started moving and/or hunting for you. So did the other ships in harbor. In SH4 the entire fleet just sits there like target practice. Even the subhunters in port don't react -- so what are they there for?? Maybe the reaction wouldn't be instanteous -- give them 5 min to scramble out of their beds -- but you'd think after a capital ship blows up in your harbor there'd be some major reaction.

First off, congrats to the original poster. Nice total.

Secondly, if I'm not mistaken, most ships of this time period used steam for propulsion, either generated by a coal or oil fired burner. If a ship is at the dock, the burners are off and the boilers are coal. I don't think they can just activate and start hunting for you. It takes time to start the fires, heat the water, and start turning screws. This is even assuming the entire crew is aboard, and not off prowling the dockside bars. Trust me, the shore batteries do wake up when you hit a ship in port. I don't recommend surfacing and using the deck gun on them.

Snuffy
05-02-07, 08:53 AM
Ships in a harbor wake up as best they can.

I dare you to surface after sinking one or two and see what kind of reception you get.

Every gun in the harbor and on the ships at dock, (if they have em) will be trained on you so fast it'll make your head spin.

I know from personal experience. :oops: