PDA

View Full Version : Saved Games Reload Crash

SnowCajun
05-01-07, 04:50 AM
I've noticed something that was happening to me in SH3 and that has followed over to SH4 as well. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or is it just me. If I save a game in mid career patrol it's heck to get it to reload, the reload crashes time and time again when loading it up. I have to be ready to play the entire patrol and return to base, get my promotions and hand out awards, and load my torpedoes after ending the patrol, then save the game, otherwise reloading a saved game crashes. If I head out on patrol again without saving and remember to save over by the Japanese side of the map, the reloads most always crash. Like I said, when I sit down to play I need to be ready to play and complete an entire patrol because saving midway through a patrol causes me issues!

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've reinstalled, repatched, all my drivers are updated, I have a 3.6 Pentium, 2 gigs ram, 512 ATI x800xt card, soundblaster 5.1 sound card, and I'm 55 years old .. I bet that's it.. my age. Any clues guys?

SnowCajun

joea
05-01-07, 05:10 AM
Well, I've had problems in SHIII too but none since I do the following...save on the surface, away from any enemy units otherwise that may cause problems.

U-Bones
05-01-07, 07:10 AM
Well, I've had problems in SHIII too but none since I do the following...save on the surface, away from any enemy units otherwise that may cause problems.

My habits exactly, and I have never had an unexplained problem with saves. (Trying to play a save with radically different mods loaded does not qualify ;))

7Enigma
05-01-07, 08:58 AM
1.1 was HORRIBLE on my system with CTD's (honestly worse then 1.0). I had the exact symptoms you are having now. As long as I completed an entire patrol in one sitting everything was fine (could then save at base and load later). If I quit the game and restarted I would 100% of the time get CTD's. Several other members on this site have had similar issues. Here's the kicker though: I could load/save as much as I wanted in-mission as long as it was from that current patrol. Once I quit out of the game, I could never get a successful reload. It made me very very frustrated.

1.2 has all but fixed the save/CTD issues for me. HTH.

SteamWake
05-01-07, 09:03 AM
Dont save while submerged.

Have more than one save and alternate between them.