PDA

View Full Version : Whoa...that's alot of tonnage

fair_weather
04-30-07, 08:40 AM
So, I've been plaing SH3 GWX mainly for the past...oh...month...and been loving every second of it.

Went back to SH4 for a bit yesterday and started a new career in the Manilla.

first task: Photograph a harbour by the Luzon Straight.

So, I set course for the harbour...

set TC to 1024...couple seconds later..."Ship spotted!"

I go to the bridge to see what it is...couldn't see it..so I went to the map and saw...a DD...WTF?! Off of Manilla?! CRASH DIVE!

So I get down and close the distance, go to periscope depth, get a good bearing on it and fire off a pair of fish at it...

seconds tick by...

A reverbating explosion ripples through the hull of the sub, Direct hit skipper! The DD sank in seconds as the torpedos tore into it's forward magazine. I surface the boat and continue for a few more seconds before I hear something whiz overheard...Ah crap...I go to the map again and see a medium gunboat heading towards the DDs position...

So I hopped into the deckgun and blasted it with a few shells. Not so bad for my starting...the gunboat did score a few hits but they were repaired with no serious hull damage and no flooding.

Fast forward until we arrive at the harbour...go submerged and creep up to the harbour, this is at about 30 minutes past midnight. and I spotted a full harbour. and I mean full...about 12 or more ships docked. Including 1 DD anchored a couple klicks from the harbour. Nothing like shooting fish in a barrel...lined up the forward tubes and vented 1 and 3 at the DD. 1st one hit the Magazine, 2nd hit it amidships and shattered her in two, never saw a DD light up like that.

After that, I set my eyes on two Subchasers in the harbour. lined up, and fired 2 and 4 at both of them, (one each) both struck home and sank them in seconds.

Next target was a merch and I let loose two fish at it, and surfaced to let the Deckgun finish it off. It was about this time that I noticed something very bad on the map...

There was another DD that I missed! And it had raised anchor and was steaming towards my position! GAH!

So I went full speed and started lining up my rear tubes to get a shot at it. Fired a fish at it...it went wide and missed. Crap! Lined up a second and fired it...missed again! BAH!

The DD had set up for a DC run on my previous position, and I was in a pretty good spot...so...I surfaced and started hitting the DD at close range (he rammed me infact!) and I sank the DD...got hit a couple times too...had some pretty large holes in the hull, but thankfully the repair teams were ace and patched the hull! From there on it was a turkey shoot. Sank every ship in the harbour.

And on my way back I ran into a couple Bettys that tried to bomb me...luckily none of them did...I also got one with the deckgun...which was cool

I got home got two medals, got the chance to retire early (after 1 patrol!) but took a new boat instead!

Final tonnage: 41,000

4 Warships
9 Merchants

Best...patrol...ever...

SteamWake
04-30-07, 10:05 AM
Good tour !

"Be more aggressive :up: " :rotfl:

But... in game terms 41K is not really that much tonnage as Ive personally turned in over 57K and have seen reports of higher.

I wasent really trying to "max" out my tonnage just fullfilling orders and taking advantage of targets of oppurtunity.