PDA

View Full Version : Rude Awakening!

SnowCajun
04-30-07, 03:42 AM
I was on my 10th career war partrol and returning to base, I felt I had been doing great, I'd won the cross award each patrol, I was first in line getting the new subs, had just gotten my Balao class. On my previous patrol I chose to do just a refit at a close base and went back for more action, when I returned to Fremantle I had 40 ships down, about 10 being Junks and Sampans from gun action. When I docked I was suddenly retired early with a rude msg about poor performance. In 10 patrols I had around 650,000 tons put down, and that's poor performance? Am I missing something? Someone give me a clue please!

Thx,
SnowCajun

9th_cow
04-30-07, 06:50 AM
i think whatever script decides that is a bit broken.
im not sure yet, but im beggining to think difficulty settings might have something to do with it,ive not been given any noncense about poor performance since i started using manual aim, and now of course i sink little more than 28-40 tons a patrol.
before i was using auto aim, and comming home with 100K and getting layed off.

SnowCajun
04-30-07, 08:34 AM
i think whatever script decides that is a bit broken.
im not sure yet, but im beggining to think difficulty settings might have something to do with it,ive not been given any noncense about poor performance since i started using manual aim, and now of course i sink little more than 28-40 tons a patrol.
before i was using auto aim, and comming home with 100K and getting layed off.
That may be right, but if so I feel they'd addressed that wrongly. Never the less, stopping me in 1943 and saying that the Balao subs were being phased out of service was bull! Then to insult me saying I was being retired for poor performance.. that's just crazy! Good Lord how many hours had I put into my game for 10 war patrols only to see that said.

I kinda feel if they want to simulate the real thing then don't be that inaccurate, surely the Balao subs were in service till the end of the war and many years past also, as well as were their predecessors the Gato class.

This may sound stupid but it made me feel cheap to see that. No one starts out playing a game knowing how to manually fire torpedoes, there's a lot of calculation in that, real sub skippers went though tons of real life training and schooling in the proper procedures. I guess that just shocked me to be honest! There I was going along playing and enjoying the game and all of a sudden the game reached out and slapped me in the face.. lol .. well it's amost how I felt anyway.. :-) Boo game designers, please fix that! :down: :smug:

Thanks for your response,
SnowCajun

SteamWake
04-30-07, 09:54 AM
about 10 being Junks and Sampans from gun action.

SnowCajun

:hmm: Almost not even worth the cost of the ordinance. Could that have something to do with the "poor performance" ?

Personally I tend to leave the junks, sampans, and fishing boats alone.

dean_acheson
04-30-07, 10:02 AM
Didn't Lockwood tell us to sink what we could get? Never knew when you would have a chance to hurt the enemy again???

Barkhorn1x
04-30-07, 10:06 AM
Didn't Lockwood tell us to sink what we could get? Never knew when you would have a chance to hurt the enemy again???

That cazy Lockwood, he thinks he's fighting a real war, instead of dealing w/ secret scripted performance objectives.

;)

SteamWake
04-30-07, 10:17 AM

That cazy Lockwood, he thinks he's fighting a real war, instead of dealing w/ secret scripted performance objectives.

;)

Now thats funny ! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :damn:

FIREWALL
04-30-07, 10:18 AM
Let's See.....

An American Sub Sim takeing place in the Pacfic made by a bunch of Romainians.

Gee Whizz ... And we wonder why some things are a little strange in this game.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

USS_shipmaster
04-30-07, 10:31 AM
Quote from Firewall
"
Let's See.....

Gee Whizz ... And we wonder why some things are a little strange in this game.:rotfl: :rotfl:

"
Romanians devs did their best :-) Strange that no american devs teams or game software companies were interested in producing american sub wwii simulator....
If you can do it better, please do!!!

Nightmare
04-30-07, 11:01 AM
There are multiple threads on forced retirement. The general consensus is that after a certain amount of patrols you will need to spend renown to stay in command. However there is a bug where if the original sub class you commanded is phased out, you'll be phased out as well even if you are now in a Balao.

SnowCajun
04-30-07, 11:29 AM
:hmm: Almost not even worth the cost of the ordinance. Could that have something to do with the "poor performance" ?

I look at it this way, I've always been a big fan of Richard O'Kane of the USS Tang, and especially Eugene Fluckey of the USS Barb as well. Barb especially made a big deal of taking out Sampans and Junks because Fluckey looked at it as their feeding the Japaneses, and healthy Japanese made war on us. The submarine war was one of attrition, to sink all the supplies they could, to starve them by sinking all imports of food, fuel, ect., and sinking Sampans and Junks was one way of denying them food.

Unfortunately this hurt the common people too, hind sight shows us that, but even the common people were helping the war effort. Seal hunters were supplying skins for their airforce pilot suits, and even fish were feeding the military.

Heck I was having fun taking out the Sampans because it was historical. I would never have imagined that there could possibly be a penalty for doing that in a WW2 Sub Sim game, that just doesn't make common sense.. but I dunno!

SnowCajun

FIREWALL
04-30-07, 11:32 AM
Quote from Firewall
"
Let's See.....

Gee Whizz ... And we wonder why some things are a little strange in this game.:rotfl: :rotfl:

"
Romanians devs did their best :-) Strange that no american devs teams or game software companies were interested in producing american sub wwii simulator....
If you can do it better, please do!!!

It was meant for some humor. GET A LIFE.

SteamWake
04-30-07, 01:12 PM

I look at it this way, I've always been a big fan of Richard O'Kane of the USS Tang, and especially Eugene Fluckey of the USS Barb as well. Barb especially made a big deal of taking out Sampans and Junks because Fluckey looked at it as their feeding the Japaneses, and healthy Japanese made war on us. The submarine war was one of attrition, to sink all the supplies they could, to starve them by sinking all imports of food, fuel, ect., and sinking Sampans and Junks was one way of denying them food.

Unfortunately this hurt the common people too, hind sight shows us that, but even the common people were helping the war effort. Seal hunters were supplying skins for their airforce pilot suits, and even fish were feeding the military.

Heck I was having fun taking out the Sampans because it was historical. I would never have imagined that there could possibly be a penalty for doing that in a WW2 Sub Sim game, that just doesn't make common sense.. but I dunno!

SnowCajun

Ill have to admit I have used the pans as target practice with the AA guns :hmm:

USS_shipmaster
04-30-07, 05:35 PM
"It was meant for some humor. GET A LIFE."
Sorry . It was misunderstanding.My mistake.
Regards VK

FIREWALL
04-30-07, 05:53 PM
No prob matey sent pm:up:

John Channing
04-30-07, 05:56 PM
You have to complete your primary patrol objective, radio in and then complete your secondary objective(s). If you don't you will always get a poor patrol review.

Just like real life.

Sinking ships adds to your renown, but objectives are a must.

JCC

SnowCajun
04-30-07, 07:07 PM
You have to complete your primary patrol objective, radio in and then complete your secondary objective(s). If you don't you will always get a poor patrol review.

Just like real life.

Sinking ships adds to your renown, but objectives are a must.

JCC
That may well be it, sometimes I can't seem to get to the objective area before running into half the Japanese fleet and using all my torpedos.. so I then head back to base and not go to the objective position! Good point, I'll keep that in mind and make and extra effort to go there anyway even if out of torpedos! Thanks for that tip! I hope it works.

SnowCajun

FAdmiral
04-30-07, 07:13 PM
Let's See.....

Gee Whizz ... And we wonder why some things are a little strange in this game.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And then brought to the market by the French !!

JIM

FIREWALL
04-30-07, 08:00 PM
Let's See.....

And then brought to the market by the French !!

JIM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: