PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo depth control

spdklls
04-29-07, 10:34 AM
I'm playing with imperial measurements, my question is about the torp depth control dial. Is this in meters or feet ? Say I'm targeting the Kiturin Maru, a modern passenger liner. The recog manual shows a draft of 6.1 meters, which is about 20 feet. To get my torp a few feet under her keel, what depth should I set on the TDC? 7 or 23 ? I'm running with 1.2 patch.
Thanks for any help.

Cakewalk
04-29-07, 01:11 PM
If you're running the game with Imperial measurements enabled, then it'll be in feet. Otherwise, its in metres.

spdklls
04-29-07, 04:28 PM
Thanks Cakewalk, I wasn't sure because the dial goes to 50 on either empirial or metric. 50 meters is a little unrealiastic, isn't it? When I first started playing, every shot would go under the keel without detonating:damn:

maerean_m
04-30-07, 01:49 AM
This was already discussed in another thread.

In imperial measurement units, all "vertical" distances (mast height, torpedo depth etc) are in feet since is more precise.

shad43
04-30-07, 02:33 AM
This was already discussed in another thread.

In imperial measurement units, all "vertical" distances (mast height, torpedo depth etc) are in feet since is more precise.

Ahem, ok...why is it some people think they need to police other posters threads?
perhaps this fellow diden't see the other thread or just needed clarification.
Either way he posted a new thread, whats it to you or anyone else...if the mod's have a problem they will deal with it.
Im not trying to be a jerk I just notice that a lot of people want to jump in and say
"this has already been posted" or "discussed"

ReM
04-30-07, 02:45 AM
Ahem, ok...why is it some people think they need to police other posters threads?

Good point Shad 43

Fearless
04-30-07, 02:52 AM
Yep, it doesn't hurt to ask no matter how many times it's been mentioned or not.

Besides, if it has been discussed in another thread then why not be helpful and post the link as part of the reply hmmm!!!

shad43
04-30-07, 03:13 AM
Yep, it doesn't hurt to ask no matter how many times it's been mentioned or not.

Besides, if it has been discussed in another thread then why not be helpful and post the link as part of the reply hmmm!!!

:up:

John Channing
04-30-07, 03:39 PM

:up:

Or we could try a little civility, seeing as you are talking to the "horses mouth" as it were, and he did answer the person;s question..

Or you could just try being a little more civil, regardless of who you are speaking to. This is an intenational forum and things like idiom don't always translate.

Thanks

JCC