PDA

View Full Version : I have a serious question for you all.

Camaero
04-28-07, 03:08 AM
It is really hot here on the west coast and I am thinking I should crank the heater up to a warm 120 deg to better submerge myself. I have all my realism mods installed and maybe if I am really lucky, we will get a big earthquake right while I am being depth charged.

I am just finishing up one or two things in my command room here before I set out and my question is, besides a bunch of sub sandwiches and ice cream, what other tasty meals do you recommend for a long voyage?

Karl-Heinz Jaeger
04-28-07, 03:20 AM
Edit: Think I may have misunderstood, my bad. Withdrawn

Scoochy
04-28-07, 03:38 AM
I for one always make sure I have a nice cold can of Pepsi Jazz and a bad of ruffles. Prior to engaging the enemy, I always head out to the deck first for a smoke and ponder my strategy.

Kant Schwimm
04-28-07, 04:48 AM
Plenty of cheese and beetroot sarnies, and a hot brew with 4 sugars:up:
oh and a couple of bags of monster munch:lol:

Camaero
04-28-07, 05:11 AM
Now what is monster munch? It sounds good whatever it is.

I almost forgot that a glass bottle of root beer should always be on hand. Maybe some beef jerky too.:rock:

Scoochy
04-28-07, 05:50 AM
Ah yes, the beef jerky! Perfect munchie for stressfull situations. :rock:

Kant Schwimm
04-28-07, 05:59 AM
I never could see the attraction in beef jerky, i bought some here once - was like chewing old leather :dead: even my old english sheepdog refused it - and he eats dirt:88)

Monster Munch are crisps/chips, pickled onion flavour:up:

The General
04-28-07, 06:02 AM
You'll need a a copy of Playboy. :up:

AVGWarhawk
04-28-07, 06:39 AM
If you have enclosed yourself in a small room to get that feeling of being in a sub I do not recommend eating beans.:o

BBury
04-28-07, 09:18 AM
Kant Schwimm, that's too bad. Sounds like you got ahold of some old, really dried out jerky. ;)

Only thing needed for a long patrol is strong, black COFFEE! :up: + Two or three bags of little candy bars, assorted flavors and a can of mixed nuts.

GraylingSTS(SS)
04-28-07, 09:42 AM
On the Grayling, it was a tradition to eat sardines on the maneuvering watch....nothing like the smell of the aux. diesel exhaust in the air, the boat bobbing like a cork on the swells, and slurping down some good ol' sardines in mustard sauce.

For immersion purposes I suppose you could pipe the exhaust from your car into the room and drink enough beer to make it feel like the room is swaying...

Cap'n Crabs
04-28-07, 09:59 AM
Don't forget to have plenty of SPAM.
It won the war you know! (tongue in cheek)
;) :p

Sailor Steve
04-28-07, 10:19 AM
Prior to engaging the enemy, I always head out to the deck first for a smoke and ponder my strategy.
Ah, the luxury of it being "only a game".:rotfl:

Ah yes, the beef jerky! Perfect munchie for stressfull situations. :rock:
Same here. Either that or pizza.:doh:

If you have enclosed yourself in a small room to get that feeling of being in a sub I do not recommend eating beans.:o
You got something against extreme realism?:arrgh!:

Elder-Pirate
04-28-07, 11:27 AM

Now that just plain stinks. :rotfl: :arrgh!:

AVGWarhawk
04-28-07, 11:43 AM

Now that just plain stinks. :rotfl: :arrgh!:

It is really bad if you chase yourself out of the room from your own stink:roll:

Hitman
04-28-07, 02:51 PM
It is really bad if you chase yourself out of the room from your own stink:roll:

Can you think of a better way of simulating chlorine gas coming out of batteries?:hmm: Adds pressure if you are under depth charging and must withstand it or die:rock:

ThorGoLucky
04-28-07, 02:55 PM
Hot tea in the early morning and iced tea in the late morning are a lovely complement to a long sub journey. Also, turkey jerky, romaine or red eaf lettuce leaves, celery or goat yogurt. Yum.

Elder-Pirate
04-28-07, 04:04 PM
Hot tea in the early morning and iced tea in the late morning are a lovely complement to a long sub journey. Also, turkey jerky, romaine or red eaf lettuce leaves, celery or goat yogurt. Yum.

Goat yogurt? http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/noose1.gif AAhhKK :damn: :lol:

Elder-Pirate
04-28-07, 04:07 PM

Can you think of a better way of simulating chlorine gas coming out of batteries?:hmm: Adds pressure if you are under depth charging and must withstand it or die:rock:

Yes I can............http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/stinky.gif :rotfl:

ThorGoLucky
04-28-07, 04:42 PM
Goat yogurt? http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/noose1.gif AAhhKK :damn: :lol:
It tastes similar to the yogurt from cow breast squeezings.

Scoochy
04-28-07, 04:49 PM
" You milked a cat?"

"Yea, you can milk anything with nipples" :lol:

sunvalleyslim
04-29-07, 06:06 PM
JACK DANIELS...........the only way to patrol......:rock: :rock: :rock:

badaboom
04-29-07, 06:57 PM
I have made a trade with my BIG BEAR brothers from the north!!
I gave them all my SPAM in exchange for this!!!My boat can't navigate worth a darn but patrols are a lot more fun!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/1514.jpg

zylark
04-29-07, 07:45 PM
Beer and Pepperoni for weekends. Weekdays are coffee or some soda and chips or cheese.

Windows blinded ofcouse. Hmm, I should get me a red lightbulb...

And cigarettes. Lots and lots of cigarettes.

Dustyboats
04-30-07, 04:18 AM
Well I start off with a Leek and Potato soup,fresh baked crusty rolls. Smoked Salmon with Dill sauce and side salad. Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding, Roast potatoes, Fresh cooked veg, Horseradish sauce and Oxo gravy. A glass or two of matured Spanish red wine. Fresh Strawberry Pavlova's with rich natural cream. Gorganzola Cheese and butter biscuits. Arabic coffee and complete with two small glasses of Benedictine........ and if you believe that I pretend that my hard tack biscuits, with weavels, is all of that!!!......Dusty

EMAPhil
04-30-07, 06:32 AM
dusty,
So it was you my wife was cooking for last week..... Look out for incoming!!!:D

Dustyboats
05-01-07, 04:35 AM
dusty,
So it was you my wife was cooking for last week..... Look out for incoming!!!:D

Please thank your wife for me and breakfast the next day......and by the way your incoming missed!!!! You must study calculating AOB more!!!!!....Cheers ....Dusty

Front Runner
05-01-07, 08:51 AM
It is really hot here on the west coast and I am thinking I should crank the heater up to a warm 120 deg to better submerge myself. I have all my realism mods installed and maybe if I am really lucky, we will get a big earthquake right while I am being depth charged.

I am just finishing up one or two things in my command room here before I set out and my question is, besides a bunch of sub sandwiches and ice cream, what other tasty meals do you recommend for a long voyage?

Suggestion, use a Salamander kerosene heater to get the diesel smell going and then cook up a batch of Sauerbraten.....

On the Tusk one time, during some particularly heavy seas, on track for Bermuda, across the stormy Gulf Stream, on the surface, most of the crew was turning green, I was on the helm, turning green myself, the mess cook decides to cook up a nice batch of Sauerbraten. I'm telling ya, nothing can mask the smell of diesel like Sauerbraten can....:dead:
Soon after, the skipper ordered a dive, he was turning green as well, and we continued on track for Club Bermadoo...:rock:

Bilge_Rat
05-01-07, 09:40 AM
all you need is a bottle of 18 year old single malt scotch, a crystal tumbler and lots of ice...:up:

Von Manteuffel
05-02-07, 11:28 AM
Ice!!!! In an 18-year old ??????? Good grief man, you'll be adding soda water next! Despite your outlandish tastes for fine old malt WITH ICE ( shudders ) I have to agree. I find a glass ( or two ) of the Oban ( wonderously peaty ) or any of the malts from the Western Isles a perfect accompaniment to SH4, or 3, or 2 - which I've just bought.

Bilge_Rat
05-02-07, 12:26 PM
Ice!!!! In an 18-year old ??????? Good grief man, you'll be adding soda water next! Despite your outlandish tastes for fine old malt WITH ICE ( shudders ) I have to agree. I find a glass ( or two ) of the Oban ( wonderously peaty ) or any of the malts from the Western Isles a perfect accompaniment to SH4, or 3, or 2 - which I've just bought.

what can I say, flush with cash, but no class..

:arrgh!: harrrrrr...

clayman
05-02-07, 12:30 PM
Ice ... more ICE! Since I think it's gonna be one long hot summer in California ... :sunny:

Oh, on the depth-charge thing, be careful what you wish for. The '71 Sylmar 'depth-charge' event was bad enough ...

Camaero
05-02-07, 12:48 PM

Suggestion, use a Salamander kerosene heater to get the diesel smell going and then cook up a batch of Sauerbraten.....

On the Tusk one time, during some particularly heavy seas, on track for Bermuda, across the stormy Gulf Stream, on the surface, most of the crew was turning green, I was on the helm, turning green myself, the mess cook decides to cook up a nice batch of Sauerbraten. I'm telling ya, nothing can mask the smell of diesel like Sauerbraten can....:dead:
Soon after, the skipper ordered a dive, he was turning green as well, and we continued on track for Club Bermadoo...:rock:

That is too weird! I got myself a sauerbraten recipe about a week ago.:rotfl: Haven't attempted to make it yet however...

I don't know Clayman, it seems like we have gone a long time without an earthquake and were about due. The last "big" one on the central coast was the one in Dec 2003 and it was a 6.5. I remember that I was happily sleeping away when things started shaking. It was a pretty strong one.:yep:

clayman
05-02-07, 07:56 PM
Boy, do I hear you. The Sylmar quake threw us all on our asses. And what lesson did I learn from this ... I work right on top of the San Andreas out by Palm Springs! :damn:

On the other hand maybe it's time to talk the wife into a big generator ... you know ... to stay on patrol and all. :rotfl:

ccruner13
05-02-07, 09:33 PM
what kind of gamers are you...no DEW?? fritos, girl scout cookies, dark chocolate dove easter egg things and a cross word puzzle. if i were outside instead of in my bedroom id have a cigar on hand

Front Runner
05-03-07, 06:53 AM
That is too weird! I got myself a sauerbraten recipe about a week ago.:rotfl: Haven't attempted to make it yet however...

Just make sure you crank up the salamander before you cook it, better yet, cook it ON the salamander!!:up:

DURUK
05-03-07, 09:53 AM
And cigarettes. Lots and lots of cigarettes.

same here.. will never manage to quit while i keep on playing :shifty:

7Enigma
05-03-07, 11:59 AM
all you need is a bottle of 18 year old single malt scotch, a crystal tumbler and lots of ice...:up:

About time! It took this long to get a scotch recommendation! I expected this to be in the first 5. I get a nice 3-finger glass of blended scotch with just a dash of water and and hit the seas.

Yes tis' blended and doesn't give its age, but I'm young and with child. :) The 14yr Scapa is for special occasions. Maybe when I complete a full campaign!

http://www.scapamalt.com/images/scapa_merged.gif