PDA

View Full Version : A Few questions on torps and destroyer ramming

Shyzar
04-26-07, 09:47 PM
1. What isthe optimum depth forr torps compared to the draft depth (half of draft, quarter etc.)?2. Recently, i noticed that sometimes the torps go in circles and go down without hitting anything. I don't have dud torps on, I have 1.2. Why is this happening?3. When a destroyer tries to ram me, I usually end up bouncing back and destroyed them (broke one in half once), but I don't get the tonnage, is this supposed to happen?

FAdmiral
04-27-07, 01:48 PM
I tested the DD vs. sub in the ramming department. The DD always loses
which is not right. This should be fixed in a future patch, I hope....

JIM

SteamWake
04-27-07, 01:51 PM
1. What isthe optimum depth forr torps compared to the draft depth (half of draft, quarter etc.)?2. Recently, i noticed that sometimes the torps go in circles and go down without hitting anything. I don't have dud torps on, I have 1.2. Why is this happening?3. When a destroyer tries to ram me, I usually end up bouncing back and destroyed them (broke one in half once), but I don't get the tonnage, is this supposed to happen?

Basicaly 1/2 the draft eg; 24ft draft 12ft depth. Unless your going for an under the keel shot in which you set it a few feet below the draft. I havent had much luck with under the keel shots in SH4.

The circling torpedo is actually working as intended. The mark 1x series had a nasty little glitch where the gyro would slam to one side and cause the torp to run in a circle. They were called curiously enough circular runners. Watch out cause they will circle back to their point of origin (you).

No the collision damage sub vs DD is out of wack. Dont do that ;)

tater
04-27-07, 01:53 PM
^^^ yeah, the SUB should always lose, and maybe it should be a pyrrhic victory for the DD sometimes.