PDA

View Full Version : Minimizing

Swooth
04-25-07, 06:26 PM
Hey people, I was wondering if there was any way to minimize the game. Yeah I know it sounds stupid lol, but I went into the options menu thing and click "Play in windowed mode" and it doesn't change <_<. I've done it multiple times, alt+enter, a bunch of things, but can't think of anything else. Did a search but came up with nothing =/. Was wondering if anyoen else here knew how to minimize it or had any ideas? Thanks in advance~~

FAdmiral
04-25-07, 06:36 PM
Use the windows key on your keyboard. That will min the game and take
you to the desktop....

JIM

SteamWake
04-25-07, 07:32 PM
alt tab will work as well

Your milage may vary.

Some have no problems with it others do not.

Be prepaired to wait a few moments while the system gets up to speed. Your not going to be able to shell out and jump into whatever else in the blink of an eye.

_alphaBeta_
04-25-07, 09:29 PM
It's a question of RAM really. Pressing the windows key is the easiest way if SH4 is the only thing running. If you have lots of RAM you can switch back and forth like you were minimizing any other window.

doggydoggo
04-25-07, 10:21 PM
If I leave SH4 minimized for too long, it crashes to desktop. I have 1 GB of RAM, so I can do it for a little bit, but it depends on your system.

maerean_m
04-26-07, 08:39 AM
Hey people, I was wondering if there was any way to minimize the game. Yeah I know it sounds stupid lol, but I went into the options menu thing and click "Play in windowed mode" and it doesn't change <_<. I've done it multiple times, alt+enter, a bunch of things, but can't think of anything else. Did a search but came up with nothing =/. Was wondering if anyoen else here knew how to minimize it or had any ideas? Thanks in advance~~
The game can't run in windowed mode if the resolution set in the game is the same or bigger than the resolution of your Windows desktop.

So, if you're using a desktop resolution of (let's say) 1280*1024, you must tell the game to run in a resolution that is smaller than that: 1280*800, 1152*864, 1024*768 etc.

For a faster response, 2Gb of ram is very much recommended.

PS: all games will perform worse when in window mode because Windows needs to display all other windows too (which doesn't happen in fullscreen) and that takes computing power.

PPS: the key combination to switch applications is Alt+Tab, not Alt+Enter (this is used to ask for the properties of a file in Windows Explorer, for example).

FAdmiral
04-26-07, 02:22 PM
Today must be DEV day here at the Subsim forums....

JIM

Swooth
04-26-07, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the responses and I made a mistake last night, I didn't mean minimizing, I meant playing in windowed mode >< sorry lol. Rereading it, I figured that I worded it wrong lol so my apologies ><, but thanks for the answer maerean_m, I'll give that a try. Thanks for all those who answered my question (although I phrased it wrong :damn:)

Grunt
04-26-07, 02:58 PM
Ohhh....that really dont sound like a good idea. You fart in the wrong direction and SH4 crashes, let alone ALT+TAB'n it.

Game already memory leaks like a S-18 after 10 depth charge runs, I wouldnt push my luck.