PDA

View Full Version : Manual Aob Calculator Update

CapnScurvy
04-25-07, 12:14 PM
For those who may be interested, I have completed a tutorial for using the Calculator with the higher realism settings (Manual Targeting System and No Map Contact Update enabled). This will instruct you in gathering target data, then plotting its position on the navigation map. My web site is :

mysite.verizon.net/ress1z18 (http://mysite.verizon.net/ress1z18)

In testing, the Calculator worked great. I found however, like many of you, inaccurate distance measurements between the Stadimeter and the nav. map tools (Ruler etc.). It's frustrating to plot positions that can be several hundred yards off when using the Imperial unit of measurement. The idea of using tenths of nautical miles on the nav. map is ridiculous. The developers simply used the basic game engine from SH III and put an inaccurate interface of Imperial measurement over it. We should have seen this coming when the game did'nt release with the Imperial unit of measurement, but was installed with the first patch.

Using tenths and hundreths sounds like Metric units to me, and that is what I suggest you use for a more accurate plot. I find this really annoying, in light of SH 4 is an American campaign simulation. In SH III the default game had your crew speaking in German, the Recognition Manual cover was in German, the radio played crapin' German marching songs. Yet in this game, the American standard unit of measurement was tossed in after the game release, and not at all correct in its calculations.
:down:

Herr Kapitan
04-25-07, 02:40 PM
You whining troll ....UBI have done their best with this game and all you can do is moan? :D:D

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, after all if it were not for UBI you would not have this game at all. :hmm::hmm:

Next thing you will be complaining that you are an underpaid beta tester. The best thing you can do is suck it up and be grateful for what you have. :yep::yep::yep::yep:

I can just see the conversation at UBI towers ....we can release any kind of crap and these mugs will lap it up. :nope::nope:

Who knows what kind of state SH5 will be released in, that is if UBI consider it will sell of course.

GT182
04-25-07, 03:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/index02634ei.gif

Now that's not very nice Herr Kapitan... shame on you. There's not one here at SS that hasn't had a complaint or two, or more. LOL He has every right to complain just as you have... and I imagine you've had a few complaints too, even if you haven't posted them.. :yep: Oh crap..... you must be from Ubi and trolling here at SS... SHAME ON YOU!!!! LOL

I don't think he's a troll at all. He's got a way to do manual targeting that he's willing to share even. Who at Ubi is paying you off? What's in yer wallet???? ;)

And we don't need no stinkin' SH5. They couldn't do 3 and 4 right so why expect a #5?

CapnScurvy
04-25-07, 03:54 PM
Their BEST isn't good enough if the first patch comes on the heels of the game release. It was less than a week as I remember. So far, the devs. have had their hands full just keeping the game from crashing to the desktop.

To fix the basic game engine with a patch I believe is impossible. Futher, I don't think there is a modder in this community that can stick a band-aid over the range miscalculations and get it to stick. If they do my hats off to 'em.

The only thing UBISoft is worried about in the future, is how to collect another 50 bucks, when their last game failed to deliver. Since there have been plenty of us, already plunking down the money to find this game inadequate, I should'nt think UbI is too worried at all.

As far as calling me a troll. If you can guess my name, I'll let you pass! Hint, it starts with a ARRRRRR!

Herr Kapitan
04-25-07, 08:11 PM
Hehe, got you guys going for a while didn't I. Just having a laugh is all.:yep::yep::yep: I personally think Ubisoft should be taken to court for taking peoples money under false pretences, after all what reputable company takes full price for what they know is broken and half finished.:88):88) Of course there will be a SH5, all they have to do is up the eye candy and it will roll of the shelves.:arrgh!::arrgh!::arrgh!: What do they care if people chuck it on the book shelf 2 weeks later, they still got the money aint they.