PDA

View Full Version : Run Silent Run Deep on TV

shmall
04-25-07, 08:16 AM
At 2.55pm today (25/04/07) on film4 (sky) for anyone that has not seen it :)

Not in Colour and No where near as good as Das Boot, but still, at leasts it about aUSA sub in Pacific :)

Simon

AVGWarhawk
04-25-07, 08:20 AM
Still a good flick. I scored the DVD for $5.00. You have to love the strings pulling the model torps and sub under the water;)

Chock
04-25-07, 08:27 AM
That's a bargain - UK DVD cost me 12.99 (23-ish dollars) and only has the trailer as an extra, but that's the kind of crap we have to put up with in the UK.

Nevertheless, one of the all time classics, and reasonably authentic apart from the over the top pinging noises whenever they are doing anything that remotely resembles combat. Worth a look just to see the process of using the scope and TDC, as it confirms that you are doing about four people's jobs when you have all the hard settings on in SH4!

Captain Nemo
04-25-07, 10:31 AM
Still a good flick. I scored the DVD for $5.00. You have to love the strings pulling the model torps and sub under the water;)

Yep, I noticed the strings when I watched it last night on Film4, but I suppose that was cutting edge special effects at the time though.

Nemo

Sailor Steve
04-25-07, 10:33 AM
I love the fact that sometimes they used a real sub, but it makes the switch to models for the combat scenes all the more glaring

AVGWarhawk
04-25-07, 10:38 AM
Yep, I noticed the strings when I watched it last night on Film4, but I suppose that was cutting edge special effects at the time though.

Nemo

Steven Spielberg was sucking his thumb at the time this gem was created.;) Good movie though, plot not bad either.