PDA

View Full Version : hey yaz, new to subsim

Capt. Shark Bait
04-25-07, 05:52 AM
in fact, totally new to the Silent Hunter series period and i gotta say, it's the best d@mm game i've played since Freespace1/2 and Klingon Academy. never know what you miss till you've tried it. came over from shooters ,and the last sub i "drove" was in BF42 which really doesn't count hehe. found it's got a few niggling probs, but that's something i can definitely look beyond.

Onkel Neal
04-25-07, 06:27 AM
Welcome aboard!

Neal

Mush Martin
04-25-07, 06:29 AM
Welcome aboard :up:

AVGWarhawk
04-25-07, 08:08 AM
Welcome aboard Skipper!

ReallyDedPoet
04-25-07, 08:10 AM
Welcome:up:Capt. Shark Bait

RDP

Chock
04-25-07, 08:46 AM
Welcome to the wacky world of subsim Shark Bait (good name by the way, hope it isn't too prophetic).

You've arrived at an interesting time too. Yup, SH4 has a few bugs in it, and some seem to be suffering more than others it seems (I appear to be one of the lucky ones, in that I've not had too many problems), but there probably isn't a better modding community around than the one for submarine sims, and the SH4 devs are on the case, so it will improve as the days go by.

That sub in BF42 was pretty good fun, about as accurate a rendition as the movie U571, i.e. not very, but it looked great and was fun all the same!

Be prepared to have an upset wife/girlfriend/pet dog etc as you become obsessed with making the perfect ambush on a convoy :D

Sailor Steve
04-25-07, 10:31 AM
Welcome aboard!

Neal
Welcome aboard :up:
Welcome aboard Skipper!
Welcome:up:Capt. Shark Bait

RDP
Welcome to the wacky world of subsim Shark Bait (good name by the way, hope it isn't too prophetic).
I find myself tending to agree with the above sentiments.:sunny:

Quillan
04-25-07, 10:38 AM
Guten tag, Herr Kaleun! I seem to be stuck in the Atlantic war, even though I'm playing SH4 right now. :D

Capt. Shark Bait
04-25-07, 04:45 PM
:ahoy: guten tag, Quillan, just so happens i spent 3 months in Lahr in 85, so, eine bier bitte:D . thx ya'll. nic is kinda prophetic. starting out on a career i ran aground twice. somebody put an island in my way:hmm: and got sunk:dead: :rotfl: , but i'm getting the hang of SH. was fun drivin that BF42 boat, when i could get the d@mm thing fort all the vehicle whores:damn: