PDA

View Full Version : bow planes not lowering

silent one
04-24-07, 11:17 PM
I notice that when I submerge my bow planes dont go down but remain in surface cruising config. Even in crash dives etc. Is this a bug ? It seems to work sometimes but not at others. cant understand it. had entire cruise with no planes. started new career and this ship worked. now its not working either and Ive just left port so cant have taken damage. . confused :-?

The_Rus
04-25-07, 12:00 AM
Yea I also have that problem, sometimes it can go really funky. Like the bow planes stick stright up. :roll: I hope it gets fixed, not major but still annoying.

vindex
04-25-07, 12:01 AM
Sometimes they go down, sometimes not. Recently, mine haven't been going down. Looks stupid.

Why shouldn't this be EASY? Below a certain depth, bow planes down; above, up. Or dive triggers bow planes down; surface, bow planes up. How hard can it be to program??

Payoff
04-25-07, 12:58 AM
I thought this only happened if you Save while submerged.

silent one
04-25-07, 01:30 AM
so this is linked to saving when submerged?

Anyone know if its a cosmetic bug and purely visual or if the lack of planes is affecting dive speeds?

Egan
04-25-07, 06:31 AM
so this is linked to saving when submerged?

Anyone know if its a cosmetic bug and purely visual or if the lack of planes is affecting dive speeds?

It's just the animation - no game play affect at all.

vindex
04-25-07, 08:33 AM
So if you save while submerged are your bow planes forever screwed up? Or just until you dive again? Or until you save again while on the surface and reload?

GnarPow
04-25-07, 08:36 AM
Its nothing... they are fine when you leave port you'll notice but after awhile they stay up.... Just a graphics problem, i wouldnt worry about it

silent one
04-25-07, 08:43 AM
That sucks. Id like my sub to look like a real sub:-?

At least it doesnt effect dive speed. that would really suck :down:

jerryt
04-25-07, 04:54 PM
Last night mine actually would go down to about 45 deg then stop. Really looked wierd.

vindex
04-25-07, 11:36 PM
I can confirm that it is related to saving while submerged. If I resave while surfaced and reload, the problem goes away.

The game must not know how to handle setting up the planes for a submerged sub when loading a saved game. It assumes planes should be up, and the feature becomes disabled.