PDA

View Full Version : fired torp at brit sub in harbour didnt sink?

aloe1
04-22-07, 08:36 AM
I fired a torp at a british sub in harbour and it didnt sink surely such damage to a small sub would send it to the bottom asap????

Kaleun Cook
04-22-07, 08:39 AM
Had that too. Send a second torpedo into it and it will go down. Or don't ever sink them at all - only 900 tons. :arrgh!:

aloe1
04-22-07, 08:44 AM
Thanks yeah i had run out, in real life it would have probably of been obliterated. Did you find that the AI destroyers were all running aground from chasing you around.

Kaleun Cook
04-22-07, 09:49 AM
If that happened in shallow waters they might have destroyed themselves with their own depth charges.*

Ignore that plz, misunderstood "to go aground". :88)

*Is there a way to cancel text?

Dowly
04-22-07, 09:50 AM
Did you find that the AI destroyers were all running aground from chasing you around.

That's been on SHIII ever since it was released, the AI tries to NOT run aground, but usually they fail at it. ;)

Bindolaf
04-22-07, 03:04 PM
Had that too. Send a second torpedo into it and it will go down. Or don't ever sink them at all - only 900 tons. :arrgh!:

That's one thing I didn't like about the game - although of course it's a minor detail. Sure, it's 900 tons, but it's a worthy kill for sure? Renown could be given for such a sinking perhaps - more than one might get for a sloop :)

P_Funk
04-22-07, 06:57 PM
Did you find that the AI destroyers were all running aground from chasing you around.
That's been on SHIII ever since it was released, the AI tries to NOT run aground, but usually they fail at it. ;)
I find that hilarious since half the time merchants that see a torpedo coming can somehow just go into full reverese and stop.:roll:

I swear it takes me longer to go full reverse and stop at 8 knots that it does for a flaming tramp steamer.

Its funny really. When DDs are trying to avoid colliding, why don't they just go full reverse?

minute
04-23-07, 07:30 AM
I fired a torp at a british sub in harbour and it didnt sink surely such damage to a small sub would send it to the bottom asap????

I've had that too. I even fired a second torp, that one bounced off the S-class hull and exploded hitting the sub pen wall. The sub started listing bow down but never sunk. I didn't have the patience to wait either :x