PDA

View Full Version : Load SH3 GWX and reboot

xlbob
04-21-07, 12:56 AM
Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been playing GWX1.03 for some time now without encountering any problem, CTD or things like that. Things have changed, I encounterd my first problem.

This morning, when I load GWX, my computer reboot. I tried several times. I turned off the computer, load GWX and each time the computer reboot. Every time it reboot, I got this error message:

"Computer restarted after unexpected shutdown. Please check with manufacturer for dirver update.
The display driver NVIDIA 6600 LE seemes to be responsible for the system instability."

Okay, when I clicked the details I have this:

"Errror signature:
szAppName: drivers.displayszAppVer:10DE00F4A200000000
szModVer: 6.14.10.8391 Offset EAC806EA"

What should I do to fix this problem, download the latest driver? And why does it happen now? I mean I've been playing SH3 GWX for some time now, since GWX was released and never had any problem at all.
Please remember that I know almost nothing about computer:D

I have pentium 4, 3.06 ghz and 1 gb or RAM, windows XP.
Thanks in advance,

rb4door
04-21-07, 01:41 AM
if its saying its the drivers, perhaps try installing an earlier version of the Nvidia drivers, or wait for the next set to come out

Dowly
04-21-07, 03:31 AM
Reinstalling the drivers should do the trick. If not, try other driver version.

HunterICX
04-21-07, 03:53 AM
Just a Note:

before installing the new one
unninstall the Current first

Control Panel - Software

scroll down to Nvidia Driver or something like that
unninstall it first completly .

you computers asks to reboot , do it.

install the new driver , computer will ask to reboot again just do it

hopefully it helps.

HunterICX

Brag
04-21-07, 04:13 AM
I had a similar problem (see reboot thread on page 2 ).

Re-instal graphics card, I had to call Nvidia for help. Get the latest driver.

My problem was caused by using a GWX 1.02 career.

For safety I removed all SHIII files and GWX. Then downloaded and installed everything.

When you move up to GWX 1.03. You need to start new career.

Old careers will cause game to crash into reboot and mess up your driver.

Best of Luck.

xlbob
04-24-07, 10:53 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for your suggestions. Here's the up date of my problem.

I downloaded the latest driver from NVIDIA and installed it. Then I install SH3 + GWX.

After the installation, I cross my finger and launched SH3. The screen went blank ... and stayed blank:x It did't reboot this time just stayed blank. Installing new driver didn't work.:damn: I almost give up. That was several days ago.

Then last night I decided to try again. I uninstall SH3, delete any files connected to SH3 then reinstall the game. Still didn't work:damn:

Then I realized that the last thing I did before this problem was I installed WIndows Media Player version 10 (previous version on my pc was 8). So I uninstalled Media player 10 and start again. But it still didn't work. So I decided to try to do "System Restore", to a point before I installed the media player 10.

Well, after system restore, I reinstall SH3. Done installing, I tried to launch vanila SH3... Yes ... it loaded fine.:D Then I installed patch 1.4 and launched it again, also ran fine. GWX 1.02 also ran fine then I installed 1.03 ... it's also ran fine :D

I figure that the problem I had was caused by installing Windows Media Player 10.

Thanks for listening.

down and out
04-24-07, 11:43 PM
:hmm: Wonder if the intro movie was giving you the reboot after upgrading media player
Shouldnt do as I use media player 10

How odd

Captain Nemo
04-25-07, 05:21 AM
I had a similar problem (see reboot thread on page 2 ).

Re-instal graphics card, I had to call Nvidia for help. Get the latest driver.

My problem was caused by using a GWX 1.02 career.

For safety I removed all SHIII files and GWX. Then downloaded and installed everything.

When you move up to GWX 1.03. You need to start new career.

Old careers will cause game to crash into reboot and mess up your driver.

Best of Luck.

I am using GWX 1.03 and continuing a career from GWX 1.0 without any issues (in port when I applied the upgrade and using an ATI card). I didn't get round to installing 1.02 so can't comment on whether this would make a difference. I find it strange that using an old career would bugger up video drivers but I suppose anything is possible with software these days.

Nemo

Captain Nemo
04-25-07, 05:51 AM
:hmm: Wonder if the intro movie was giving you the reboot after upgrading media player
Shouldnt do as I use media player 10

How odd

I use Media Player 11 with no issues with SHIII/GWX, but it has affected by burning software (Sonic Record Now). After burning CD's Sonic doesn't close properly and you have to end the process in Task Manager.

Nemo

VipertheSniper
04-25-07, 06:00 AM
I am using GWX 1.03 and continuing a career from GWX 1.0 without any issues (in port when I applied the upgrade and using an ATI card). I didn't get round to installing 1.02 so can't comment on whether this would make a difference. I find it strange that using an old career would bugger up video drivers but I suppose anything is possible with software these days.

Nemo

Well I have a GWX 1.0 career running too, I made all the updates in port, and my career is still working after the update from 1.02 to 1.03

xlbob
04-25-07, 06:11 AM
I am using GWX 1.03 and continuing a career from GWX 1.0 without any issues (in port when I applied the upgrade and using an ATI card).
Nemo

Well I have a GWX 1.0 career running too, I made all the updates in port, and my career is still working after the update from 1.02 to 1.03

When I installed /updated to 1.03 from 1.02, right after 1.03 was released, I started a new career. And before the problem I was in my 3rd patrol of my first career with GWX 1.03. I bagged 101 K tonne during that patrol (type VII B) and I still had 4 more torps left:damn:

Jimbuna
04-25-07, 08:12 AM
Media Player 10 wasn't completely stable in beta version, but the full release should be okay and have no detrimental effect on SH3 :hmm:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
04-25-07, 05:22 PM
Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been playing GWX1.03 for some time now without encountering any problem, CTD or things like that. Things have changed, I encounterd my first problem.

This morning, when I load GWX, my computer reboot. I tried several times. I turned off the computer, load GWX and each time the computer reboot. Every time it reboot, I got this error message:

"Computer restarted after unexpected shutdown. Please check with manufacturer for dirver update.
The display driver NVIDIA 6600 LE seemes to be responsible for the system instability."

Okay, when I clicked the details I have this:

"Errror signature:
szAppName: drivers.displayszAppVer:10DE00F4A200000000
szModVer: 6.14.10.8391 Offset EAC806EA"

What should I do to fix this problem, download the latest driver? And why does it happen now? I mean I've been playing SH3 GWX for some time now, since GWX was released and never had any problem at all.
Please remember that I know almost nothing about computer:D

I have pentium 4, 3.06 ghz and 1 gb or RAM, windows XP.
Thanks in advance,
you can also re-instal SH3...
it worked for me.
the only problem now is that my game somtimes crashes:cry:

Canovaro
04-26-07, 07:41 AM
Media Player 10 wasn't completely stable in beta version, but the full release should be okay and have no detrimental effect on SH3 :hmm:

And if you encounter this problem again, you might want to delete/rename the movies that start with SH3. In that way I think Media Player is not triggered and will not crash the game.

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
04-26-07, 10:41 AM

And if you encounter this problem again, you might want to delete/rename the movies that start with SH3. In that way I think Media Player is not triggered and will not crash the game.

:o does that realy work ?

danlisa
04-26-07, 10:57 AM
Yes, there have been reports of codec errors causing the game not to load, these have been attributed to the loading movies. Besides, I always delete/rename them, this way I'm into the loading screen faster.:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
04-26-07, 11:17 AM
Try this....IMO much better than Media Player and comes with codecs ready installed :up:
http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=vlc&tag=srch

danlisa
04-26-07, 11:21 AM
Try this....IMO much better than Media Player and comes with codecs ready installed :up:

Nice Jim, but it won't help when SH3 looks for the WMP codecs to start the intro's;)

:rotfl::rotfl:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
04-26-07, 12:04 PM
Yes, there have been reports of codec errors causing the game not to load, these have been attributed to the loading movies. Besides, I always delete/rename them, this way I'm into the loading screen faster.:arrgh!:

aaaah so you CAN delete them whitout having problems with the game...
i always thought they have to be there.

nice to know :up:

Jimbuna
04-27-07, 07:27 AM

Nice Jim, but it won't help when SH3 looks for the WMP codecs to start the intro's;)

:rotfl::rotfl:

Strange.....I don't use Media Player :hmm:

So what is this SH3 I hear so much talk of ? :doh:

danlisa
04-27-07, 07:40 AM
Strange.....I don't use Media Player :hmm:

Maybe not, but you do have the WMP Codecs installed, IIRC they get installed when SH3 is installed.;)

Gotta say, I do have WMP installed, don't use it but it's there and I've never had a prob with the intro movies.

SH3?:o Never heard of it.:lol:

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
05-02-07, 08:59 PM
SH3?:o Never heard of it.:lol:

me neather :rotfl: