PDA

View Full Version : real stupid question needing smart answer.

Psyon
04-20-07, 03:37 PM
how does one zoom out on the regular and attack map?

"TAB" works for zooming in but i am unable to figure out how to back out.

any help will be, well, helpfull:rotfl:

Quillan
04-20-07, 03:40 PM
Mouse wheel. Scroll in/out to zoom in/out.

Bort
04-20-07, 03:42 PM
If you have a mouse wheel on your mouse, simply roll it backwards toward you and it will zoom out. If you don't, I don't know what to say, sorry. :oops:

Psyon
04-20-07, 03:47 PM
thanks everyone, finger trackball here. guess i will look around in them files and try to map a key to it *shrugs*:arrgh!:

Monica Lewinsky
04-20-07, 06:33 PM
No, ask again. I was going to try to find an existing Noob post and ask the VERY SAME question.

I do NOT want to use the mouse wheel because it is so HYPER fast and sensative on my PC. I waste too much time trying to get the view I want by trying to recover from zooming out to far. I knew about the TAB key in the NAV [F3] map from my SH-3 days would zoom in, I could swear I figured out the keyboard key to unzoom but I cannot remember it. Tried Shift-TAB, Ctrl-TAB, ... nuthin. Anyone know the keyboard key to unzoom one level in the NAV map?

Cpl Carrot
04-20-07, 10:52 PM
On the reqular map, right click on the magnifing glass to zoom out.

Elder-Pirate
04-21-07, 12:24 AM
No, ask again. I was going to try to find an existing Noob post and ask the VERY SAME question.

I do NOT want to use the mouse wheel because it is so HYPER fast and sensative on my PC. I waste too much time trying to get the view I want by trying to recover from zooming out to far. I knew about the TAB key in the NAV [F3] map from my SH-3 days would zoom in, I could swear I figured out the keyboard key to unzoom but I cannot remember it. Tried Shift-TAB, Ctrl-TAB, ... nuthin. Anyone know the keyboard key to unzoom one level in the NAV map?

Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/mouse...........useally you can find such a setting as this one below. your mouse may be different than mine but it should have a wheel speed control. Better than useing the keyboard for zooming in/out, or that dumb mag glass in left map corner.

Good luck. :yep:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Wheel.jpg

Elder-Pirate
04-21-07, 12:29 AM
thanks everyone, finger trackball here. guess i will look around in them files and try to map a key to it *shrugs*:arrgh!:

Trackball ? I thought those went out with the Model T. :lol:

cunnutazzo
04-21-07, 06:38 AM
trackball here too, no way to zoom on the attack map using the keyboard?? :roll:

DirtyHarry3033
04-21-07, 07:48 AM
To zoom in/out using keyboard, edit Commands.cfg and replace these lines:

[Cmd70]
Name=Cam_zoom_in
Ctxt=1,11

[Cmd71]
Name=Cam_zoom_out
Ctxt=1,11

with:

[Cmd70]
Name=Cam_zoom_in
Ctxt=1,11
Key0=0x58,s,"SHIFT X"

[Cmd71]
Name=Cam_zoom_out
Ctxt=1,11
Key0=0x5A,s,"SHIFT Z"

This will allow you to zoom in with Shift-X and zoom out with Shift-Z. Just tested it and it works great, doesn't conflict with any default commands. Don't know if any mods out there have assigned those keys to other functions!

DH

cunnutazzo
04-21-07, 08:29 AM
it works great! thank you :yep:

Psyon
04-21-07, 10:23 AM

Trackball ? I thought those went out with the Model T. :lol:

heh. i have been dated! does anyone remember "points and condensers" in their distributors for their engines?? :huh:

personaly, i like the trackball and mine has that niffty super high tech gold plated optical stuff jammed inside of it:rotfl:

someone posted right clicking on the mag-glass. better than nothing. will save me a whole bunch of time instead of zooming in till i get the whole map again...thanks!

EDIT: oh!! didnt read Dirty Harrys post, very nice, very nice..thank you Dirty!
*runs towards command.cfg!!!*

DirtyHarry3033
04-21-07, 10:55 AM
No prob guys, just glad I had an answer. All kinds of useful commands in that .cfg that aren't mapped to any keys, it's easy enough to create key bindings.

Psyon, yep I remember points, condensers, carburetors and all that old-fashioned obsolete stuff. And I also remember my first computer experience as a young guy, writing code on a card-punch machine, running the card deck thru the card-reader, then waiting 3 or 4 hours for the results to come back on the printer. Hard to believe how old I'm getting :hmm:

Elder-Pirate
04-21-07, 02:15 PM
No prob guys, just glad I had an answer. All kinds of useful commands in that .cfg that aren't mapped to any keys, it's easy enough to create key bindings.

Psyon, yep I remember points, condensers, carburetors and all that old-fashioned obsolete stuff. And I also remember my first computer experience as a young guy, writing code on a card-punch machine, running the card deck thru the card-reader, then waiting 3 or 4 hours for the results to come back on the printer. Hard to believe how old I'm getting :hmm:

Yeah you guys are getting old all right. :lol: Glad I'm not in that crowd just because I remember 9 cent per gallon gasoline at the pumps ( standard price too ) and 4-8-8-4 Big Boy steam engines rolling down the UP tracks. :yep: Don't know how you stand it. :rotfl:

DirtyHarry3033
04-21-07, 02:32 PM
Elder, you've actually been in the presence of a UP Big Boy hauling a load down the tracks? I'm jealous :yep: Not that I'm anxious to be old enough to have seen one (too old already...) but gawd-almighty I love steam locomotives and if the Big Boy wasn't at the top of the food chain I don't know what locomotive was! Sadly they went out of service about 3 months before I was born :(

DH

(sorry to get OT here :oops:)

Monica Lewinsky
04-21-07, 03:45 PM
On the reqular map, right click on the magnifing glass to zoom out.May I have permission to kiss you for such an easy solution?