PDA

View Full Version : patch 1.1 before 1.2??

Psyon
04-19-07, 08:26 AM
i am going to do a fresh clean install.

most new patches include the old ones too, but there is no document in 1.2 that says if you need 1.1 or not.

so which it is? clean install, then 1.1, then 1.2
OR
clean install, then 1.2 ?

heh this post does not read right but, ugh no coffee yet, i am sure people reading this will understand what i am trying to ask :yep:

thanks to all who respond..

SteamWake
04-19-07, 08:30 AM
Not necessary according to the patch notes.

Please make sure that you are installing the right patch for your game version.
This patch can be applied on Silent Hunter 4 Original Version and on Patch 1.1 also.
This patch will upgrade your version of Silent Hunter 4 to Silent Hunter 4 Patch 1.2.

flyingdane
04-19-07, 08:36 AM
I have not had any problems with patching 1.2 over 1.1 works perfect for me. :yep:

AVGWarhawk
04-19-07, 08:39 AM
I patched over 1.1 without issue. If a clean install, I believe you just need 1.2.

To save some headache, I would just put the new patch in. Your old save games will not work so start a new career.

Also, if you have some mods, might want to remove them first.

Psyon
04-19-07, 08:46 AM
okie dokie, thanks people!

i will remove mods, then patch over 1.1 first, if everything works ok, then whoohoo!. if not will do the clean install because the game works fine right now with 1.1...

just was hearing about posts saying "do a clean install" and was wondering.

thanks again

AVGWarhawk
04-19-07, 08:54 AM
okie dokie, thanks people!

i will remove mods, then patch over 1.1 first, if everything works ok, then whoohoo!. if not will do the clean install because the game works fine right now with 1.1...

just was hearing about posts saying "do a clean install" and was wondering.

thanks again
I just through in the patch. I had the green button mod and reduced radio traffic mod. I did not bother to remove them. I had no issues at all. Sailed away on my new career:yep:

capt_frank
04-19-07, 10:28 AM
I too was just too excited to load the new patch that I forgot the one mod I had installed. Worked fine nonetheless, just looks fantastic...and it drives well too! :lurk: :D