PDA

View Full Version : Did this patch fix the torp speed issue?

Faamecanic
04-17-07, 06:17 PM
Can we now use the High speed setting (or fast..whatever it is) with the Mk14's or do they still undershoot the target if set on High?

FAdmiral
04-17-07, 06:18 PM
According to the 1.2 readme, this has been fixed....
"15. Fixed the Torpedo drag model. Now high speed torpedoes will hit fine."

JIM

Faamecanic
04-17-07, 06:20 PM
Must have read right over that part (RTFRM...Read the Fine Read Me) :lol:

Thanks FAdmiral....

Cap'n Crabs
04-17-07, 08:11 PM
My problem with high speed has always been premature detonations. Switch to slow, no problems.
Just played about a half hour, ran into a convoy and tried high speed.... boom, premature det. again. Going back to slow speed.
Also the "contact / magnetic" still switches back by itself.

All in all, things seem much better, smoother than they were, at least for me.:D

WernerSobe
04-17-07, 08:25 PM
im reading a book about sub war in pacific. They realy were in big trouble with mark 14 even more then the germans with their torpedos. During the beginning of the conflict some captains have shot all their torpedos and none has hit. Either they blown up to early, to late or didnt at all.

The Navy wanted an evidence for the failure with mark 14 beofore they started fixing the problems. This evidence was adduced by USS Seawolf (Warder). He has been shooting at an anchored ship and made photos of how the torpedo has ran under the ship even though the depth was set to zero.

SteamWake
04-17-07, 08:40 PM
Confirmed fixed...

Two sucessfull attacks tonight both with "high" speed torps.