PDA

View Full Version : The lighter side of Firearms

SUBMAN1
04-17-07, 12:32 PM
This one may possibly spark more negativity (I hope not) against firearms in general, but since I have been hitting back against the negative side so much from the pro side, I think its also time to hit the funny side to help balance things out! :D

-S

PS. Please save your debate for the other thread! Thanks.

TOP TEN REASONS REGULAR CITIZENS SHOULD BE ABLE TO OWN ASSAULT RIFLES

10. Sometimes you're too mad for just a normal gun.

9. If you see a dozen deer in one meadow, how else are you supposed to shoot them all before they run away?

8. Self-defense sometimes involves "assaulting" a fortress.

7. Keeping control of a fully automatic weapon helps build upper body strength.

6. If we're not allowed to have assault rifles, that will make us mad and we have other guns.

5. Not as impressive writing your name in the wall with a semi-automatic.

4. For elderly people with arthritis, it may be painful for them to hit the trigger multiple times.

3. What if dragons are real and one tries to mug you in a dark alley.

2. I don't how good a reason this is, but after I've had a few beers in me I'm always like, "Man, would it be cool to have an assault rifle right now."

And the number one reason regular citizens should be able to own assault rifles...

This is America; we don't have to give a g'damn reason for owning something.

Godboo
04-17-07, 01:06 PM
Those watermelons aren't going to destroy themselves!

Platapus
04-17-07, 01:44 PM
Three day waiting period? But I am mad now!!

Skybird
04-17-07, 01:50 PM
Very funny. And such a tasteful timing. I envy you your sense of humour.

SUBMAN1
04-17-07, 01:53 PM
Three day waiting period? But I am mad now!!

Try 2 weeks if you buy something concealable, unless you have been checked out by the FBI beforehand.

Sailor Steve
04-17-07, 04:42 PM
I'll repeat what I said elsewhere: If you can't laugh at yourself you have no real sense of humor; and you have no business laughing at anyone else.

SUBMAN1
04-17-07, 05:01 PM
I know! I wait for moments like this!

I did crack up reading it though, and it is so appropriate to todays threads since it is so out in right field that you can help smile vs. what else we have been posting today!

Skybird
04-17-07, 05:16 PM
I'll repeat what I said elsewhere: If you can't laugh at yourself you have no real sense of humor; and you have no business laughing at anyone else.
Is one day after a massacre took place really good timing, and the right thing to make jokes of? They are even not buried yet, and you guys already start laughing, while their relatives are shown on TV attending the a first rememberance ceremony?

C'mon Sailor Steve, I'm sure you know that better. I'm surprised that this posting was coming from you.

fatty
04-17-07, 05:43 PM
Pretty sick, sorry :nope:

SUBMAN1
04-17-07, 05:51 PM
Is one day after a massacre took place really good timing, and the right thing to make jokes of? They are even not buried yet, and you guys already start laughing, while their relatives are shown on TV attending the a first rememberance ceremony?

C'mon Sailor Steve, I'm sure you know that better. I'm surprised that this posting was coming from you.

Obviously no sense of humor. If you want to give a moment of silence to those that are dead, fine, but I did not post this against the tradgedy but against our discussions earlier.

To me, it won't matter if its two days or two years after the fact of what happened yesterday, I will not dwell on it. It is your very dwelling that encourages more would be killers in my opinion.

-S

robbo180265
04-17-07, 06:00 PM
I gotta say that it ranks alongside Charlton Heston in "Bowling for Columbine" Sorry...

Tchocky
04-17-07, 06:16 PM
Hmm, I believe that there is no "too soon", and no "too far".
What there is, however, is "not funny". And this isnt that funny.

Platapus
04-17-07, 07:46 PM
But you know what. No single person is in charge of what is or what is not funny or when or when it is approprate... Well I suppose the owners of this website can :)

People use humour as a way of dealing with terrible situtations. There were even humourous posts on the internet after 911.

I cant think of a single tragedy in which there was not some form of humour to help people deal with terrible news.

The use of humour does not mean the person is not taking the situtation seriously nor does it mean they don't have emotional feelings about it. The use of humour does not mean the person intends any disrespect to any unknown group of people.

Humour is a way to relieve tension and stress. It may not be the prefered method for everyone but it does work for some.

If you don't think this thread is funny, then choose another thread to read
If you don't think it is the approprate time for humour then delay reading this thread until you feel it is personally the approprate time.

ASWnut101
04-17-07, 07:51 PM
Yet this thread had nothing to do with the school shootings. Why'd it go so arwy?

SUBMAN1
04-17-07, 10:57 PM
Yet this thread had nothing to do with the school shootings. Why'd it go so arwy?
Got me!!?? I can't even answer the question. Gun debate has soured peoples minds i think, and the school thing is just on top of it all. Sad.

And I did find this funny before all the negativity brought it down. SOme people just need to lighten up once in a while. You can't say I didn't try!

-S

Sagan
04-17-07, 11:06 PM
With 1 magazine of a 30 clip assault rifle he could of inflicted about the same kill death ratio. Pistols are slower. What if he had a soviet Ak47? By the way he is Korean... :hmm:

robbo180265
04-18-07, 01:40 AM
Got me!!?? I can't even answer the question. Gun debate has soured peoples minds i think, and the school thing is just on top of it all. Sad.

And I did find this funny before all the negativity brought it down. SOme people just need to lighten up once in a while. You can't say I didn't try!

-S

It's called RESPECT

And you might want to bear in mind the TIMING

A few weeks from now, and yes it could be seen as funny. But now - come on guys

bradclark1
04-18-07, 08:15 AM
WTF. Life goes on. Stop trying to be self righteous.

SUBMAN1
04-18-07, 10:25 AM
With 1 magazine of a 30 clip assault rifle he could of inflicted about the same kill death ratio. Pistols are slower. What if he had a soviet Ak47? By the way he is Korean... :hmm:

Ahh, no. Assault rifles are almost never used in crimes or things like this. They are just not practical for much more than home defense. I think the percentage of use in crimes is a fraction of a %.

Part of that comes from the fact that you can't really conceal it, which is why I don't understand why everyone hates them so much?? So what if some guy has an assault rifle??

Besides, I wish they did use assault rifles in crimes such as this. Statistics show that being shot by a crazy multiple times, you have about a 74% chance of survival (stats from an AK-47). Shotgun with buckshot 00 or 01, and your chances drop to about 30% (ouch!). Pistol probably has double the kill ratio of an assualt rifle too since hollow point ammo is typically used, which is designed to kill, where an assualt rifle is designed to wound.

Why is an assualt rifle designed to wound? Because when you shoot someone, you take 2 to 3 people off the battlefield (medics), and when you kill someone, you only take one person off the battlefield - its a numbers game.

Anyway, this is why I don't understand why assualt rifles get a bad rap. It has got to be the name, or people think they look ugly or something.

-S

PS. I think one issue is, why are foreigners allowed to buy firearms in the US? Especially Korean's. They all seem to be way too stressed out when they come from that part of the world already.

SUBMAN1
04-18-07, 10:26 AM

Can't say it any better myself.

robbo180265
04-18-07, 03:11 PM

Heard any good jokes about 911? Or the Holocaust?

You should think more about how your humour affects other people and a little less about names to call me:down:

Your insensitivity has offended people including me, and yet you still can't see any thing wrong with this subject.:damn:

JetSnake
04-18-07, 04:03 PM

Magazines and Clips are two different things.

Magazine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_%28firearm%29

Clip: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_%28ammunition%29

:up:

SUBMAN1
04-18-07, 04:29 PM

You should think more about how your humour affects other people and a little less about names to call me:down:

Your insensitivity has offended people including me, and yet you still can't see any thing wrong with this subject.:damn:

Since when did my post reflect what happened 2 days ago? It doesn't, and if you think it does, better go read again. If you don't, then why are you drawing analogies to tragidies, when my post has nothing to do with any tragedy?

-S

U-533
04-18-07, 05:51 PM
"For English press one now"

Kinda makes ya wonder don't it?

Do any of you that speak english ever press one now?

bradclark1
04-18-07, 07:33 PM

Nope, and I haven't seen any about Virginia Tech on this thread either.

What humor on this thread reflects anything about VT which I assume your self rightousness is all about.:nope:

Tough! Don't read the thread if it offends your sensibilities then. If it offends you that much you have the option to contact a moderator and make a complaint.:stare:

Skybird
04-19-07, 04:54 AM
Moral of the story: if AL feels offended when I make a racist anti-Jewish joke in which Jews are getting shot by some terrorist, and maybe at the same day a suicide bomber in Israel blows up at a school, then of course I just ilustrate my sense of humour that has no realtion to that event, whereas AL's anger would be her problem alone and just illustrate her hypersensitivity. So she better do not listen to me when telling anti-Jewish jokes.

Hm. I guess that cannot be it.

robbo180265
04-19-07, 05:47 AM
Moral of the story: if AL feels offended when I make a racist anti-Jewish joke in which Jews are getting shot by some terrorist, and maybe at the same day a suicide bomber in Israel blows up at a school, then of course I just ilustrate my sense of humour that has no realtion to that event, whereas AL's anger would be her problem alone and just illustrate her hypersensitivity. So she better do not listen to me when telling anti-Jewish jokes.

I know it makes me laugh. I was just going to let the thread die, Posting a thread about how funny Assault rifles are, after a school massacre I ask you? How tasteless is that?

The very fact that the thread was posted as a standalone thread and not as part of the "funny thread" where everyone else posts their jokes, proves that this post was a deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction from us "self rightous" people, and shows the crassness of the poster

Still at least we can all see how hollow their arguments are, and when they run out of arguments - they resort to name calling, how grown up of them.

The Avon Lady
04-19-07, 07:20 AM

I do not understand the comparison. Subman's jokes in his first post have the title "TOP TEN REASONS REGULAR CITIZENS SHOULD BE ABLE TO OWN ASSAULT RIFLES"

I would agree that this would been in very bad that had these been jokes about why deranged people should own assault rifles. That may have been funny a month ago and might again be funny a month from now.

Nope. These 2 are not the same. People here are making a mountain out of a molehill from Subman's post.

bradclark1
04-19-07, 08:01 AM
I know it makes me laugh. I was just going to let the thread die, Posting a thread about how funny Assault rifles are, after a school massacre I ask you? How tasteless is that?

How odd. What do assault rifles have to do with VT. You are trolling. Now you are being self righteous about being self righteous.:roll:

The very fact that the thread was posted as a standalone thread and not as part of the "funny thread" where everyone else posts their jokes, proves that this post was a deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction from us "self righteous" people, and shows the crassness of the poster
Oh now you try to be a moderator. Now you are calling names according to your rules. Hypocrite! I'd say you are trolling, point blank.

Still at least we can all see how hollow their arguments are, and when they run out of arguments - they resort to name calling, how grown up of them.
I didn't call you any name I accused you of an action. But then I shouldn't feed trolls either but look here I am feeding a troll.

Skybird
04-19-07, 08:16 AM

I do not understand the comparison. Subman's jokes in his first post have the title "TOP TEN REASONS REGULAR CITIZENS SHOULD BE ABLE TO OWN ASSAULT RIFLES"

I would agree that this would been in very bad that had these been jokes about why deranged people should own assault rifles. That may have been funny a month ago and might again be funny a month from now.

Nope. These 2 are not the same. People here are making a mountain out of a molehill from Subman's post.

AL,

however.

As Robbo said, the timing of this thread is tell-taling, also considering that another "serious" gun-thread already had started controversy, and the guns in virgina still were smoking, so to speak. One needs to try real hard not to assume that this thread was not meant as an intentional provocation that is excused by accusing others to be hypersensitive and not understanding humour. Your argument above I consider to be hairsplitting only.

The experiences of the last three days here tell me one thing: that for some people the defending of their weapon-fetish makes every means and every tool acceptable, no matter how tasteless, tactless, insulting or destructive in behavior it is. Tells something about them.

bradclark1
04-19-07, 08:39 AM
The experiences of the last three days here tell me one thing: that for some people the defending of their weapon-fetish makes every means and every tool acceptable, no matter how tasteless, tactless, insulting or destructive in behavior it is. Tells something about them.
Well I don't have a weapons fetish and I don't see how a thread on assault rifles has any bearing whatsoever on VT. In fact tell me exactly what this has to do with VT. What it looks like to me is you and that other guy are just looking for an argument because of your misguided personal morals that you are trying push on others and that my friend tells me something about you.

SUBMAN1
04-19-07, 09:49 AM
From what I see - some people here are trying to tie it to VT when no tie ever existed to create some form of their own agenda. Then you have another group that assume it has to do with VT (even though an assault rifle was never even near the VT shootings), and you know how that goes - Assume means Ass U Me.

Then you have the rest of the people here, who also seem to have a brain and can see things for what they are with no hidden agenda. These people I have no problem with.

-S

PS. Get over the VT shootings already. Thats already in history and what you are doing is simply glorifying it. Nice job. Real good job.

TteFAboB
04-19-07, 10:12 AM
I don't think SUBMAN has a secret agenda or has posted this as a provocation. I find it most likely that SUBMAN was surfing the net before posting on the other gun thread and stumbled over this by accident and perhaps laughed at the time, expecting others to laugh aswell.

SUBMAN1
04-19-07, 10:17 AM
I don't think SUBMAN has a secret agenda or has posted this as a provocation. I find it most likely that SUBMAN was surfing the net before posting on the other gun thread and stumbled over this by accident and perhaps laughed at the time, expecting others to laugh aswell.
You hit it on the nose. Looking for information for the serious thread, I ran across this and laughed about it. Sharing it now I see was a mistake because people seem to lack a sense of humor anymore.

-S

Gizzmoe
04-19-07, 10:40 AM
People here are making a mountain out of a molehill from Subman's post.

Indeed. I´m closing this thread to end this useless discussion.