PDA

View Full Version : Any way to minimize GWX while loading?

fastfed
04-17-07, 09:08 AM
As we all knwo the load times are horrible, the game is awesome, but sometimes I have to think, do I want to play GWX or BF2, I am starting to see I want BF2 because the load times are so much faster and I don't want to wait.

If I could minimize GWX some how while it loads I would play it all the time, as I could watch a video on Youtube or read some stuff here on this forum..

So anyluck in this?

danlisa
04-17-07, 09:16 AM
It's not really a moddable part of SH3.

You can minimize SH3 while in the loading screen, HOWEVER, your screen resolution will not change back to the desktop default and it's more than likely that each time the loading bar jumps that you will get bumped back to the loading screen. Not great really.

Solutions, go make a cuppa, invest in a laptop which can be used while on patrol/at loading or a second monitor.;) FYI the cuppa is the cheapest option.:rotfl:

I personally just step away and when I return it's loaded, although I do run a laptop while on patrol.

fastfed
04-17-07, 09:24 AM
It's not really a moddable part of SH3.

You can minimize SH3 while in the loading screen, HOWEVER, your screen resolution will not change back to the desktop default and it's more than likely that each time the loading bar jumps that you will get bumped back to the loading screen. Not great really.

Solutions, go make a cuppa, invest in a laptop which can be used while on patrol/at loading or a second monitor.;) FYI the cuppa is the cheapest option.:rotfl:

I personally just step away and when I return it's loaded, although I do run a laptop while on patrol.

:( fastfed is sad

Vacillator
04-17-07, 10:34 AM
Yeah shame about the load times (mine are 10 minutes plus to get as far as a campaign save loaded up). I usually attempt to charge my glass (not my batteries) during this procedure...

JohnnyBlaze
04-17-07, 11:16 AM
why not run the game in a window mode? That's how I do it.

I can surf in the internet when making those long journeys to my patrol grids, or watch a movie and so on.

Kapitan_Phillips
04-17-07, 11:38 AM

I can surf in the internet when making those long journeys to my patrol grids, or watch a movie and so on.

Thats what I do too :) Turn "FullScreen" to No in the Main.cfg file and you'll be running windowed.

fastfed
04-17-07, 12:04 PM

Thats what I do too :) Turn "FullScreen" to No in the Main.cfg file and you'll be running windowed.

REALLY!?!?!

Can you still adjust the window to be pretty big when in windowed mode? Or is it set to only half of the screen or something?

Kaleun Cook
04-17-07, 12:55 PM
Right now I'm reading Das Boot while waiting. :lol:

GT182
04-17-07, 03:55 PM
Try pressing Esc and Ctl keys together. It should minimize it for you.