PDA

View Full Version : SH3 and Vista resolution

WJR
04-16-07, 06:40 AM
Hi all, long time lurker seeking info.

I have taken the plunge and installed SH3 on Vista, now I know there was a workaround to change the resolution higher than 1024x768 on windows xp but does anyone know of a way to do it under vista?

Cheers

johnno74
04-16-07, 06:29 PM
Hi WJR, welcome to subsim.

To change resolution on vista use the same method as XP. I actually got a new laptop with vista preinstalled (and surprise surprise, I don't think its too bad) and I copied my entire SH3+GWX directory over from my xp machine and it worked fine, including the resolution patch.

I originally downloaded the res patch from the link in the community manual I think.

WJR
04-16-07, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the reply :)

I had to use the Microsoft application compatibilty toolkit (now there's a mouthful) to make it work under xp, So it seems that step isn't necessary with Vista?

Has anyone messed around with it?

Cheers

johnno74
04-16-07, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the reply :)

I had to use the Microsoft application compatibilty toolkit (now there's a mouthful) to make it work under xp, So it seems that step isn't necessary with Vista?

Has anyone messed around with it?

Cheers

I can't actually remember how I set the patch up in XP... but I certainly didn't need to use the app compatibility toolkit under vista. As I said, I just copied the entire SH3 folder over to vista, and it worked 100%. No extra steps at all.