PDA

View Full Version : Why does this happen???

ddiplock
04-14-07, 07:34 PM
My SH3 savegame has just gone and decided to corrupt itself!!!!

I tried loading SH3 commander and it says "invalid argument code", the message came up after I last exited SH3.

I've lost my career now because of this!!! :(

has this happend to anyone else?

skookum
04-14-07, 08:25 PM
I'm having a problem with savegames too. When I save during the mission and exit the program. The saved games are gone when when I return.

Johnnie
04-14-07, 09:31 PM
I recently lost a career that had ended after about 10 missions. Tried to open it in commander (to check the total tonnage sunk) which I had done previously, and it was gone. Wierd.

3Jane
04-14-07, 10:10 PM
I always do regular copy/paste backups of my career files in a spare folder. If anything happens to my saved games, all I have to do is roll back SHIIC and put them back.

peterloo
04-15-07, 12:35 AM
'Cause you've enlisted a man called Bernard. Fire him and you'll be free from the problem :rotfl:

melnibonian
04-15-07, 04:40 AM
Unfortunatelly saved games do get AWOL some times. It's not very common but when it happens it's a real pain. I had the same problem some time ago as well. The only solution is to keep backups or to start a new career.

ddiplock
04-15-07, 05:30 AM
Unfortunatelly saved games do get AWOL some times. It's not very common but when it happens it's a real pain. I had the same problem some time ago as well. The only solution is to keep backups or to start a new career.

Guess I shall just have to start a new career in 1940 this time....i'm not going through it all again. But.....i'll need to get my Knights Cross again!!!!! :damn: I earned that Knights Cross last time under very difficult circumstances.....i'll never be awarded one under similar actions

Jimbuna
04-15-07, 06:20 AM
If you can still see the save folder (name included) try removing it and adding the letter 'x' then add the folder again...that sometimes works :hmm:

Spin Doctor
04-15-07, 09:27 AM
Which folder do you back up to preserve the game saves and where is it?

Thanks!

3Jane
04-17-07, 08:17 PM
The specific files to backup are in the SHIII game folders in 'my documents'. SHIII-cfg-careers. Backup your named career files.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3586/untitledxc2.png

McHibbins
04-21-08, 05:31 PM
Another question and I donīt want to start an new Thread : Is it really impossible to delete old savegames without loosing the whole career ?

predavolk
04-21-08, 07:22 PM
If you can still see the save folder (name included) try removing it and adding the letter 'x' then add the folder again...that sometimes works :hmm:

Good suggestion. Also, try loading previous saved games. If you make a bad save, any and all saved games within that cruise are also affected. But if you go before that bad save, those saved games are OK. So say you save 3x, then save beside a ship beside the coast for #4 and that corrupts the file. You save 5-8 after. Saves 4-8 will be corrupted, but 1-3 won't. If it's an entire career, make sure you didn't delete the Player from the career section (that blank "Player" career is required) and/or try jimbuna's suggestion above.