PDA

View Full Version : GameShadow (comes installed with SHIV)

horrgakx
04-14-07, 04:03 AM
Guys, has anyone managed to get GameShadow working? When I run it, none of the items will click.

ReallyDedPoet
04-14-07, 08:48 AM
Bump:up:

Jeff Bulmer
04-14-07, 11:20 AM
It worked once for me, when first installed. But now I can't get it to run, attempting to log onto it gives an error message about an ActiveX object?

Update....it does work, I find that if I reply ignore to the error messages it comes up OK.

Snacko
04-14-07, 01:05 PM
I don't like to use these 3rd party update tools because I would rather have the patches saved for next time I restore my pc from a backup. I also don't need another program on my computer that I'll rarely use. Just IMO.

theluckyone17
04-14-07, 07:22 PM
Gameshadow saves the downloaded stuff in the "Documents\Gameshadow\%GameName%" directory... both patches, and mods. Burn it to a CD, and you've got everything backed up, nice and neat and collected in one spot.

SteamWake
04-14-07, 08:06 PM
You installed it ?

It did give the option not to.

Sorry experience has taught me that GS is ... well... how do I put this.... Crap.

DCAustin007
12-30-09, 09:29 PM
New to the SH series, I also installed gameshadow thinking it would keep me up to date. It would not run for me, but it might be because I'm using Windows 7, or the GS system is down altogether. I checked the folder listed above, it had 3 files, none were patch files. I updated the game manually and uninstalled GS. Now I just need to find out which version is the latest official game version.

ETR3(SS)
12-30-09, 10:47 PM
1.5 is the latest version. It's the U boat add-on that you can grab for $10

Webster
12-31-09, 12:00 AM
i think it has issues if the game isnt installed in the default directory which if you have vista or windows 7 means you probably dont